2004 - 2008 F-150

Oil selection

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 08:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sam1947
Don't forget, these are the same highly paid boneheads that blessed the two-piece plugs for the 5.4 (3v) also !!
Thank you! My thoughts exactly for the last few years. These are the same "boneheads" who approved the faulty fuel injectors for the 2005 model year that could stick open and hydro lock the engine, as well as the FPDM placement on the cross section in the rear and the list goes on. nobody's perfect, including the expert engineers. I've never understood why so many people hold these engineers to such high esteem that you can't go against what they put out as the gospel of the design world.

Originally Posted by bconnaway
haha, true. although if I remember correctly, they did change their recommendation of changing them every 100k miles to every 40k miles to prevent that being a problem.

Haha! refer to above reply

Originally Posted by Stealth
Best bonehead engineers in the biz. I love my Ford and I ain't switching brands or oil viscosity.
I have to agree with you there Stealth! Even though they may not be mistake free, they are the best at what they do! Certainly better than GM, Chrysler, and the imports

Last edited by mitch150; 05-15-2011 at 08:32 AM. Reason: mistake quoting
Old 05-15-2011, 08:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just put a Saleen S/C on my truck and they say use 5w30 and even make an OEM 5w30 sticker to replace the 5w20 one on the oil cap, so that's what I switched to.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sam1947
Don't forget, these are the same highly paid boneheads that blessed the two-piece plugs for the 5.4 (3v) also !!
My understanding is that Honeywell/ Autolite was hired by Ford to design that plug and the accompanying head to use it. There are plenty of braindead "engineers" around in many companies.

Quick Reply: Oil selection