2004 - 2008 F-150

How much gas mileage does an 04-08 F-150 get with an 8'' lift and 37'' tires?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 02:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What can I do to get more mileage out of it?

Old 05-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Idk if this is in the right thread or not. Sorry if it's not. I'm new to this site

Old 05-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by steven ordodi
What can I do to get more mileage out of it?
Answer A: Not much.

Answer B: Remove the lift and lose the big tires.

Let's face it, it's like you're asking for a beautiful girlfriend with long blonde hair who smells like a flower in bloom and likes to duck hunt......

Old 05-12-2011, 02:20 PM
What's wrong with a pretty girl that likes to hunt? My girlfriend has blonde hair and likes that kinda stuff...

Old 05-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
What's wrong with a pretty girl that likes to hunt? My girlfriend has blonde hair and likes that kinda stuff...
But is she beautiful and does she smell like a flower in bloom?

Old 05-12-2011, 02:24 PM
She is very beautiful and it depends on what kind of flower you're talking about.

Old 05-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
David, I think he has you on this one. I think you need to start all over. LOL

Old 05-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
David, I think he has you on this one. I think you need to start all over. LOL
I need to start over?

Old 05-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I need to start over?
No, ddellwo. Is your name David, also?

Old 05-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Drdudsads
You know that old saying, "If you have to ask you can't afford it"? Do some research as no two trucks with the exact same setups will be the same. One truck may get 10MPG while the other will get 8MPG, same everything, lift, tires, gears, weight, driving. I would say a solid 10MPG should be close plus or minus 1 to 2 MPG with the setup you are asking about. Than comes the parts that may or may not fail prematurely due to the added weight of the larger tires and such.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by Desert Racer
You know that old saying, "If you have to ask you can't afford it"? Do some research as no two trucks with the exact same setups will be the same. One truck may get 10MPG while the other will get 8MPG, same everything, lift, tires, gears, weight, driving. I would say a solid 10MPG should be close plus or minus 1 to 2 MPG with the setup you are asking about. Than comes the parts that may or may not fail prematurely due to the added weight of the larger tires and such.
I can afford it, I was just curious about how much mileage it would get because I'm lifting mine soon. So i was curious

Old 05-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Drdudsads
I can afford it, I was just curious about how much mileage it would get because I'm lifting mine soon. So i was curious
Just to give you some hopefully insight, this forum probably sees about 100 people asking the same question over adn over again. People provide them the answers, yet to never see or hear from that person again. It is easier for a person to talk about something than actually do it. Just some food for thought it all, so if you get some harsh answers I tried to warn ya. I would say 10-12MPG honestly seems to be the norm with that setup for the most part, yet hard to say as again no two trucks are the same even with the same setup. Hope this helps some.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Desert Racer
Just to give you some hopefully insight, this forum probably sees about 100 people asking the same question over adn over again. People provide them the answers, yet to never see or hear from that person again. It is easier for a person to talk about something than actually do it. Just some food for thought it all, so if you get some harsh answers I tried to warn ya. I would say 10-12MPG honestly seems to be the norm with that setup for the most part, yet hard to say as again no two trucks are the same even with the same setup. Hope this helps some.
So you're saying you think I'm just talking about getting an F-150 and lifting it up but in the future I'm never gonna do it? Cause I'm actually buying one soon. Not sure what year yet but I am getting one. I will post pics as soon as I do it.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Drdudsads
So you're saying you think I'm just talking about getting an F-150 and lifting it up but in the future I'm never gonna do it? Cause I'm actually buying one soon. Not sure what year yet but I am getting one. I will post pics as soon as I do it.
Most of the time that is what happens, so people now a days are less likely to help a person out. As a person with low post count, basic questions that one could find out on their own, with a little time doing some research they will get their answer. Me, honestly I can careless what you buy or do to be honest, you simply asked a question I tried my best to provide answers and give you some insight on why many people are not answering your questions.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You'll get maybe 12 mpg with a strong tail wind and if you spend about another $2,000 for 4.88 gears, you'll pick up another mph at the most.

Quick Reply: How much gas mileage does an 04-08 F-150 get with an 8'' lift and 37'' tires?