2004 - 2008 F-150

Just a little more height.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011 | 09:56 AM
|
Technical Article Contributor

Just a little more height.

Assuming I end up keeping my truck until I have the money to do something to raise it a bit, what options do I have left that do NOT involve a lift kit.

06 F-150 XLT 2WD.
2" leveling kit and it sits almost perfectly level (1/2 higher in rear) and I have 245/70-17's over the stock 225's.

I was looking at getting a new set of Tera grappler's in 285 (285 should fit?) and was hoping to get 1/2 or 3/4 of a inch from that. Figured 285's would fit cause the 245's look small.

I don't think the 285's will hurt the truck, and as wet and rainy as its been here I really could use the extra grip in the mud at the track.
Should be ok if I trim the plastic a bit, but how does the tire preform on the highway? noise is not a factor, but looks and how it does in mud is.

Any other way I could (cheaply I hope) add another 1to 1-1/2 inches to the truck?

Also, how hard would it be to paint mt chrome bumpers? is that even possible? I would like to de-chrome my truck, bumpers and rims.

I really want a set of the lirait rims that are AZ beige.

Pic related, its the wheels I want, and I swear one day I will get a set.

Old 06-03-2011 | 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by Titan357
Assuming I end up keeping my truck until I have the money to do something to raise it a bit, what options do I have left that do NOT involve a lift kit.

06 F-150 XLT 2WD.
2" leveling kit and it sits almost perfectly level (1/2 higher in rear) and I have 245/70-17's over the stock 225's.

I was looking at getting a new set of Tera grappler's in 285 (285 should fit?) and was hoping to get 1/2 or 3/4 of a inch from that. Figured 285's would fit cause the 245's look small.

I don't think the 285's will hurt the truck, and as wet and rainy as its been here I really could use the extra grip in the mud at the track.
Should be ok if I trim the plastic a bit, but how does the tire preform on the highway? noise is not a factor, but looks and how it does in mud is.

Any other way I could (cheaply I hope) add another 1to 1-1/2 inches to the truck?

Also, how hard would it be to paint mt chrome bumpers? is that even possible? I would like to de-chrome my truck, bumpers and rims.

I really want a set of the lirait rims that are AZ beige.

Pic related, its the wheels I want, and I swear one day I will get a set.

I don't think there is any other way to make it sit any higher without a lift, be it body or suspension. The 285/70 17's would fit good. That's what I'm running on my truck (mines a 4x4). I haven't done any trimming to fit mine. My wheels are 17x9 with 4.5" of backspacing and -11 offset. They do scrub a little at full crank but not bad. I don't think you'll have that problem with the stock wheels. Don't hold me to that though. I'm not sure how hard it would be to paint the bumpers yourself. I've seen plenty of people on this site that have painted bumpers. I can't recall if any of them did it themselves though. I know that you can take it somewhere and have it done.

Quick Reply: Just a little more height.