2004 - 2008 F-150

How is your Showroom New Trim dye or Krylon Fusion holding up?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 04:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How is your Showroom New Trim dye or Krylon Fusion holding up?

Just as the title says.. How are your dyed or painted trim pieces holding up after a few years of use?

Like everyone else, my truck suffered from the fading dulling, green looking bed rail caps. I bought Showroom New a few years ago and applied one coat. Six months later I went to apply a second coat, but my container had dried up (I guess the cap wasn't tight).

But.. so far it has been a decent product... rails are still in good shape after I applied the product over 3 years ago.

So.. I'm actually planning on re-coating the bed rails and the cowl cover, but I'm wondering if I should buy the same product, or the Krylon Fusion that others have been using.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My painted pieces look like crap. I painted my cowl, mirrors and OEM fender flares with Krylon and UV rated clear coat and less than a year later, the clear coat is flaking. My truck is parked outside 24/7 so the sun beats down on the truck. The top edge of the flares and the mirrors, and the entire cowl looks like it has skin cancer. These areas mentioned are in direct sunlight. I wonder how it would've looked had I not used the clear coat as I think that stuff is the problem. Anyway, re-painting the mirrors and the cowl are easy but removing the flares is such a PITA that I replaced them with new aftermarket flares and got rid of those OEM pieces of crap. The mirrors are not bad at all but I am going to remove and scuff pad them before I repaint them. I dont think I am going to apply clear this time around.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Showroom New has been on about a year, it looks great still. And that is after an Upstate NY winter.

Quick Reply: How is your Showroom New Trim dye or Krylon Fusion holding up?