2004 - 2008 F-150

Knocking problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 10:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went by the dealership to check on the truck and the service guy let me see my old engine with the valve cover removed. They had pulled the cambearing caps and sure enough there was alot of scoring as well as fine metal shavings on top of the rockers. The engine was not sludged in the top end should get my truck back tomorow. I am going to follow whatever directions the dealer tells me to do as far first oil change on this engine and from that point on it will see nothing but MC 5w20 and MC oil filter. Whooo Hooo!

Old 10-19-2011, 09:09 PM
Picked up truck today and man what a difference. I read the service sheet and saw 3 things that stood out 19 psi oil pressure at hot idle .015 crankshaft end play and scored bearing caps. I am tickled pink with my truck now. Now its time to do some dressing up.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:36 AM
Driven the truck for a couple of weeks now. Two things I notice different since getting the truck back. First no knocking what so ever hot or cold and second no spark knocking while driving hot or cold. I am going to let the dealership who did the replacement do service on the truck until it goes out of waranty in about 15000 mile to be on the safe side.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by Grind2ths62
Driven the truck for a couple of weeks now. Two things I notice different since getting the truck back. First no knocking what so ever hot or cold and second no spark knocking while driving hot or cold. I am going to let the dealership who did the replacement do service on the truck until it goes out of waranty in about 15000 mile to be on the safe side.
I'm happy for you man! Thank goodness it was under warranty! Enjoy the truck now.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:59 PM
So did your truck perform well before it hot, mine is acting up the same as you discribed, dealer told me that if i dont have all receipts I may have to pay to get the work done. I bought the truck at a used dealer a couple months ago with 60000kms on it with little to no history attached,it came off lease so figured all as in order. It was written in the ad that there was factory powertrain remaining yet im told that i dont have any!

Old 04-29-2012, 03:43 AM
I think it is a cam phasiors going out. if it knocks 5.4 has them problems

Old 04-30-2012, 07:11 AM
Performance

Originally Posted by rslade76
So did your truck perform well before it hot, mine is acting up the same as you discribed, dealer told me that if i dont have all receipts I may have to pay to get the work done. I bought the truck at a used dealer a couple months ago with 60000kms on it with little to no history attached,it came off lease so figured all as in order. It was written in the ad that there was factory powertrain remaining yet im told that i dont have any!
the engine ran fine until it got hot then it would start knocking and would continue knocking at idle or just above idle until it cooled off mine ended up being cam bearings and low oil pressure if it has less than 60000 miles the power train warranty should cover it if it is anything power train related you may be out some bucks up front for them to do some diagnostic work but if it turns out to be phasers you will have to cover that

Quick Reply: Knocking problem