2004 - 2008 F-150

Inertia Switch wire question

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011 | 06:15 PM
|
Inertia Switch wire question

Quick question, is the wire color going from the inertia switch to the fuel pump pink with a black stripe? I'm trying to install my boost a pump in the cab to keep the unit out of the elements, I believe this is the correct location. Thanks!

Old 12-01-2011 | 07:04 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Fuel Pump Relay ( non serviceable ) -> Dark Green w/ Yellow stripe wire -> Fuel Inertia switch -> White wire -> Fuel Pump Driver Module.

The Pink w/ black stripe that was from the Fuel inertia switch on the 97-03 ( and 04 Heritage & Lightning ) is now from the Fuel Pump Driver Module to the fuel pump.
- Guess it was a circuit color that is to be directly attached to the fuel pump, and the inclusion of the FPDM made it a shorter circuit - Big SWAG on my part as to why.

Old 12-01-2011 | 08:54 PM
|
White wire. Thanks very much for the help!

Old 12-02-2011 | 12:11 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Not too sure if you want to install the boost a pump on the white wire, you would be increasing the voltage to the FPDM.

You might want to check with the manufacture of the boost a pump, to see if it is applicable in this configuration and if so, if you should have it between the FPDM and the fuel pump ( or somewhere else ).

Old 12-02-2011 | 11:48 AM
|
Well I read on a few people who have wired it up after the inertia switch so the BAP unit could be in the cab. Since our fpdm is under the bed and I offroad a lot I figured that wasn't a good place for me to have wire connections, just sounds like trouble. Lol

Batn68 is one person off the top of my head who did it this way. But I will still do some more reading into to make sure, thanks for the heads up!

Quick Reply: Inertia Switch wire question