2004 - 2008 F-150

auto headlight problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011 | 08:23 PM
|
auto headlight problem

Hi- New here, but since I now have an 04 supercab FX4, I figured I was in the right place.

My auto headlights dont work. When I try to turn them on, nothing lights. Not the running lights, fogs or dash lights. I searched around for a while and couldn't find any posts about this same problem. Sounds like most people are getting fogs or dash lights or something.

I know the daylight sensor is working because the interior and exterior lights come on when I unlock the truck at night.

I read a post about the switch, but my plug is different (cant remember the specific pin numbers).

I probed the wire coming out of the BSM that is supposed to be hot when the lights are on and it seems to be (unless there is a separate one for the auto setting?)

I can hear relays clicking (pass kick panel) when I turn the headlights on normally, but nothing clicks when I put the switch in auto mode.

Anyone have any ideas? Do you think the switch is bad? I notice no other problems related to the BSM that would make me think that it is bad.

Old 12-05-2011 | 07:21 PM
|
Anyone? Beuller?

Actually, there's a new development. This morning I started my truck and did a couple things before I got in to leave. The switch was on auto and behold! the lights came on! I also noticed that the auto locks engaged when I drove off. That hasnt happened worked since I got the truck. I read in another post that it seems these are linked some how.

Later in the morning, I got back in my truck, started it w/ the switch on auto and the headlights didnt come on for about 30 sec. then, after I was rolling they came on. Once I stopped and took off again, the doors locked. Seems the doors will only auto lock when the auto headlights are on. Weird!?!?

Anyone have any insight or ideas??

Quick Reply: auto headlight problem