2004 - 2008 F-150

Truck Damage!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 04:34 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the real idiot was the guy who left $45.00 in the cupholder of his truck overnight.....

Also, my money says it wasn't the pizza guy -- he's just a kid out trying to earn a few bucks. I'd be more suspicious of some nice middle-class teenagers in the neighborhood who are bored because mommy and daddy buy them everything they want.....

Old 01-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jbrooks28
yeah, I think it was the pizza delivery guy. We ordered Papa Johns about 8PM and the guy was kind of a doofus. It would be great to get them in the act...I think it was just a smash and grab, it was the neighbors block that he took from under their downspout to their house. Just got the estimate back from the dealer that it was 13xx.xx in damage. I have to wait until friday to get it back. Thanks for all the support guys.
Sorry to hear that. Mine was broke into this past summer and they messed up the door and dash and cleaned out my sound system. Be glad it was the window and console. The door and dash are a much bigger hassle IMO.

Originally Posted by Barrett
Does 1300 sound high to anyone else??

I'd look into buying a used jump seat to replace yours, or a center console. Could probably get it for much cheaper than from Ford.
Sounds high but new OEM can be. You can find good used center consoles for under $200 on ebay. A new window should be about the same I would think.

Originally Posted by Average-Joe
Mine cost 6k after a break in, door,lock,handle,radio,bezel and new dash,the price is fords price remember that.
That's about the same cost after my break in.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Better not be so cheap on the tip next time!!!

Old 01-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by ddellwo
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the real idiot was the guy who left $45.00 in the cupholder of his truck overnight.....

Also, my money says it wasn't the pizza guy -- he's just a kid out trying to earn a few bucks. I'd be more suspicious of some nice middle-class teenagers in the neighborhood who are bored because mommy and daddy buy them everything they want.....

Trying to earn a buck? Yup, and take a few extra!

I dont think this was random. Pixza Kid cased the place.

Sorry to hear this OP, hope you can get this sorted out and the guilty is found guilty!

Old 01-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by Big_Smokey
Better not be so cheap on the tip next time!!!

You deliver pizza's?

Old 01-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OP,

Sorry to hear about this. Some ppl are just low down.

That said, I can't tell if your console is tan or grey, but I've got a whole grey jumpseat/console combo I'd be willing to let go of for $120, shipped. Be cheaper than Ford, and I would like to help out another F-150 owner.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Oh I'm not worried about the price just because my insurance is taking care of it all so I would rather have new parts. Thanks for the offer though...yes I am an idiot for leaving the money in the truck, I didn't think anything of it since the community is so tight nit and it's all a HOA community with condo's and retired people... I'm the youngest person here, next would be my neighbor across the street and he's in his upper 40's and there are no kids that live around here. There has never been a issue but the place where we order pizza from is the neighboring town and it's in the ghetto...almost near Gary Indiana and I'm sure you guys heard of that area lol

Old 01-10-2012, 07:14 PM
No problem, man. I had a mechanic from the local Ford dealership steal $80 out of my console when I took my truck in for service. I couldn't prove it, so nothing came of it, but I know I had enough to pay my cell bill, and it was $84, so the $20 that I found while leaving wouldn't have covered that

Old 01-11-2012, 02:38 AM
I have a question for Ya. Why would you even want to eat a pizza that was made anywhere near Gary, In. ? I know where Gary is because I lived in Chicago for about 2 1/2 years and I wouldn't even drive through Gary at high noon. Sorry about the LOW LIFE that paid the un-invited visit.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Big_Smokey
Better start sticking your landscape stones down to the ground so he doesnt have a tool! haha...sorry to hear about your bad luck....pretty stupid..why did he break the center console..it just lifts straight up...what a moron!

This happened to a buddy at work....we were parked on the shoulder of a 4 lane highway.some kids busted out his passenger window and all they stole was a bunch of burned country cd's....he had a 200 dollar pair of oakleys inthe visor, handheld gps in the door, and a 1100 dollar shotgun in the back seat....
im glad they didnt find the gun! i can handle a few missing things rather than a gun! i would never forgive myself if a gun of mine was stolen and was used in a crime!

Old 01-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^^^ This just happened to me last thursday, I always have my S&W .40 in my console and when i know i am taking the truck to get serviced i will take it out and leave it at work or at home. Last thursday i got a nail in the tire and it was going down pretty quick so i pulled off into sams club to get the tire fixed. Friday evening im at the car wash cleaning the interior out and i opened the center console and no gun .

Of course everyone at sams denyed it and manager said nothing was on the video..I told the manager the low life probaly took it out of the truck after he parked it in the parking lot..Anyway i went and filed a report at the police station so atleast im off the hook if anyone uses it in a crime.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:10 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
I carry where ever I go, I will slip it into the console when going into USPO or when going into a gathering of my GoldWingers for a gathering in a home .... but when I get home, the gat goes in the house with me. Not because I don't have others .... I do ..... but rather because if someone was to break a glass, dive in to the console, there's a weapon for their next target.

I say "pizza guy" saw a roll of cash, could be $45 or $450, he made the grab while you were smelling pizza.

If he reads this thread he'll look in the back seat next time.

Quick Reply: Truck Damage!