2004 - 2008 F-150

need some help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012 | 08:24 PM
|
Truck of the Month
Exclamation need some help!!

So today i was changing my fuel filter and broke the blue clip so i went to my local oil change place because the dealership is far and i didn't have the time to go to the dealership. I also went to advanced auto parts for new clips and none fit. So the oil guys had to cut the line and strap it together with a bigger line for the moment so i could get to where i needed to go. It worked fine for today i was planning on a trip to Atlanta this weekend now i have to take another car. They told me i need to get a new fuel line so my question is where can i get a new fuel line that is ford and not the advanced ones. I want an oem replacement without going to the dealership is there a place online? i have searched ebay already but they are all the advanced ones and i want a ford oem one. any help is great. thanks

Will

Old 04-12-2012 | 09:16 PM
|
Truck of the Month
or is the advanced auto parts lines fine?

Old 04-12-2012 | 09:40 PM
It sucks that they cut that line, they sell the replacement clips at the dealer.

Anyway, from what I've found this the OEM fuel line part number - 8L3Z9J279E. A little pricey from Tasca - $160 + shipping. I would try out the Advanced Auto fuel line first and see how the fit is if it's quite a bit cheaper.

Good luck!

Old 04-12-2012 | 09:47 PM
|
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by edwards1687
It sucks that they cut that line, they sell the replacement clips at the dealer.

Anyway, from what I've found this the OEM fuel line part number - 8L3Z9J279E. A little pricey from Tasca - $160 + shipping. I would try out the Advanced Auto fuel line first and see how the fit is if it's quite a bit cheaper.

Good luck!
thanks edward i might try advanced then yeah it does suck they cut it. i will see what i can do.

Old 04-12-2012 | 09:51 PM
This might help you out too, this is where I found the part # - help with my fuel filter disaster.