2004 - 2008 F-150

Never again will I buy another POS Ford!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tman07f150
I actually think GM has higher resale.. or used to than ford?

Anywho. Man it happens. I'm 25 and had three different trucks 2 gm and this ford. From mine all the way to other family vehicles it happens no matter the brand. Hate to see all that happened to you I know I would be pissed but I wouldn't blame you for trying another brand. Why not? There are some great trucks out there without the blue oval on it (which hell my oval is peeling and looking like chit on a stock 07 keep royally clean.) Haha. Try something else! Just try and stick with American!
Hey tman that's what the make vinyl over lays for. There some sites out there still operating that do that, you just won't be able get the ford logo, you'll have to choose something custom

Old 05-12-2012, 05:38 PM
OP your first mistake was "venting" as you call it on a ford site. Second everything has problems nothing is perfect in this world. Third i had the same filter housing design on my 02 till i put a CAI on it. I never had probkems taking it off or putting it back on. Third your problems are nothing. My mom had a 99 suburban that we had to replace the engine in 2 weeks after we got it, and the AC went out on it numerous times and other small things. Needless to say again all makes and models have problemsMaybe its not the truck its the person driving it is too mentally retarded to change an air filter. Hope you have better luck with your Tundra.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:07 AM
...why is this still here?

Old 05-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 60DRB
...why is this still here?
We all like to defend our choice of brands?

I have found that with very rare exception, my vehicles respond positively to good care and regular maintenance and are more willing to overlook the occasional hammering than they are if not cared for or maintained properly. It worked on my Mopars, my Chevies, the couple Toyotas, Subarus, and my Fords and my Norton and Triumph, it seems to suit my current stable as well (5 Fords, a Subaru, two Gold Wings and a Triumph).

I really saw it at work with my 15 police cars over 31 years when compared to other buddies, some who did as I do, some who were known to be excrusiatingly hard on them .... even to the point of one idjoit who never changed oil, just added oil until she blew up. Dept tore it down, oil never changed, he paid. His PVs were always in the shop as well and his uniforms always looked like he slept in them.

Not to say there aren't real "lemons" out there, I just don't recall ever having one.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not to say there aren't real "lemons" out there, I just don't recall ever having one.
X2..... well, there were the GM's that I owned. I wouldn't call them true "Lemons", just HIGH maintenance and I got to the point that I didn't have time to be "Maintaining them ALL the time"! That's why I drive Fords now. Plenty of time to do other things.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since we are on the topic- I will add my Chevy story to the list- 1990 Chevy 3500 w/ the 454. We went on a road trip to Florida and on the way home coming through new mexico the engine started knocking- truck had 38K miles. The lifters were bad and we ended up stranded next to the highway outside of Phoenix. Luckily we had a friend who was the GM at a Chevy dealer in Phoenix. So we stayed a week with him while his dealership replaced the engine with a BRAND NEW goodwrench engine w/ a full GW warranty. OK we drive home and we notice the power is not where it used to be. Guess what- water in the oil.. So we are back home in Montana and take it to a local dealer for "warranty work". They give us a call and say-" The installers used the old intake bolts when they installed your engine- this voids your warranty, we can't fix it". We call the phoenix dealer and they say- " Oh yeah, bring er down and we'll fix it". Yeah 2,000 miles away.. What a joke.. We bandaged it together and traded it in on a brand new 01 supercrew. That Screw went to 100k with NO repairs whatsoever besides oil changes and air filters.. We also have a 97 E350 with a V10, 130k miles, NO repairs. A 00 E350 w/ the 5.4, 140k NO repairs, and recently we added an 11 F350 6.7 PS to the list... Maybe you got a lemon, but if you think Fords in general are junk, you are mistaken my friend. The only reason so many government vehicles are chevies is because the government owns chevy-(that's another story) Why are Fords the only one of the Big 3 that didn't need OUR tax money? Because they are the best... /thread

Old 05-14-2012, 03:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I worked for GM dealers for quite a few years. You get my point!

Old 05-23-2012, 12:16 AM
This thread made my morning, thanks guys. OP sorry you had a lemon man, sometimes it happens. I've owned 5 Fords, 3 F-150's and 2 Rangers, outside of wear and tear items and the occasional sensor oh and cant forget the old steel secondary tank that always rotted away I never had any issues unless I caused them.......On the flip side, the one GM I own, a SAAB for the mrs., is a pile of crap, I've had to put 4,000 in to it in the 2 years I've owned it and it still runs like crap, sensor and electrical problems galore, when I get home from this deployment I think I'm going to donate it to the local gun club for the next machine gun shoot . Good luck with your switch!

Old 05-24-2012, 03:57 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by garo1
When you've had to replace the long block at 120K ($7500 out of my pocket) due to Fords **** poor design, (and after attempts to have it repaired under warranty) then maybe I'll sympathize.
I got you beat. Engine replacement at 75K miles, ($7K out of pocket for me)...one morning just started running really rough and then stall repeatedly. Shop mentioned a torque thrust washer had come loose and engine chewed it up finding metal shavings in the oil pan. The only consolation is that I didnt have to get the cam phasers replaced beforehand...I'm just praying I can get to 150,000 miles before there is another major repair.

Quick Reply: Never again will I buy another POS Ford!