2004 - 2008 F-150

05 50 MPH shake

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012 | 09:19 AM
|
05 50 MPH shake

Not sure if this is the wrong forum for this issue. Please let me know if I should move it.

Ok, so on Saturday I brought my truck into my mechanic to do a bunch of different PM and inspection. I also did my brakes which I put on Powerslot Rotors and Wagner Themoquiet pads which seemed to be highly recommended on here. I had the rotors and pads installed and a complete brake fluid flush and replace. Along with Coolant flush, and replace the fan belt since it was original belt that is still on there. Figured I'd replace it since the age of it.

Anyway I only wanted to state everything that was done jic something had to do with this odd feeling in my truck at almost exactly 50 MPH. Before 45 and after 55 its fine. Once I hit 55 though its like there is a bubble in my tire but there is nothing to be seen on the tires.

Can this have anything to do with any of the work that was done on Saturday? Any suggestions for me to look at or info would greatly be appreciated. If there is some kind of issue I'd rather narrow the issue down now instead of continuing to drive it and something become worse. Thanks for any and all help.

Old 07-04-2012 | 09:00 PM
Mine would shake at around the same speed. Changed the rear diff fluid and it has stopped for now it seems.

Old 07-06-2012 | 08:38 PM
I had a bad set of tires that mine would do it aroud that speed and be fine around 60. Replaced tires the problem went away for a while but it has started to slight come back after 20k on this set of tires.

Old 07-07-2012 | 01:14 AM
Mine did the same thing 6 years ago after I had put around 26,000 miles on it. Turned out to be the lower Motorcrap ball joints, don't get me wrong, I normally wouldn't talk bad about Ford, but their ball joints are junk. Anyway, I put a set of Moog servicable joints on it, re-balanced the tires, and I've never had that problem again. I've since gone through another set, both upper and lower, but I've logged a lot miles. I don't know how many miles you have on it, and I know it would seem coinsidentle (sorry for the poor spelling) since you just did a butt load of work on it, but that's where I would start looking stang. If it does turn out to be the joints, be sure to get your tires balanced as they would be out after that, and your problem would still be there

Quick Reply: 05 50 MPH shake