2004 - 2008 F-150

Need paint ideas!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012 | 03:02 PM
|
Exclamation Need paint ideas!

OK folks, getting front and rear replacement bumpers and plan on some extended flares too. I'm going to Line-X the bumpers, flares and rocker panels but I'd REALLY like to do them in an accent color. I've seen tons of trucks with AZ beige/tan as an accent but I haven't seen any trucks my color with a second color.

Anybody got any ideas or can 'chop the below pic to help me visualize?

Thanks for looking. Know anybody in the San Antonio area that's giving good deals on Line-X?

Old 07-11-2012 | 04:38 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Funny because just this morning I saw a truck your color and they had painted the bottom maroon. Paint job seemed well done but I didn't really think it looked that good.

You have a lot of chrome on your truck, grille, wheels and grab handles. Going with anything other than a PTM setup won't look as good IMO unless you will be getting rid of most of the chrome.

Old 07-11-2012 | 05:09 PM
|
Lightbulb

Appreciate your opinion on beige over maroon.

Yeah, chrome's biting me in the a$$. SHOULD have mentioned that I'm entertaining the idea of Line-Xing the grill surround and am planning on blacking out the headlights during a projector re-fit.

I've seen maroon over beige, black over beige, green over beige and brown over beige. Never beige over another color. I THINK black might look good...

Old 07-11-2012 | 08:23 PM
Great topic! You and I have the same delima. We both have Arizona beige trucks. I love the color of the truck but I am not a real fan of the chrome. I want to repaint my chrome bumpers and possibly the flares an accent color.
I thought black might look decent but at the same time I think that might take away from the elegance of the Lariat package.
Im kinda thinking of simply painting the bumpers Arizona Beige like the truck.

My recently totaled 04 was Aspen Green/Arizona Beige two tone. I miss that look.

Tell Ya what, you be the guinea pig and I'll follow your lead if what you do looks good. Lol

Last edited by pethel; 07-11-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-11-2012 | 09:15 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
PTM or deal with chrome, all you can do for that paint job.

Old 07-13-2012 | 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by ab46501
Funny because just this morning I saw a truck your color and they had painted the bottom maroon. Paint job seemed well done but I didn't really think it looked that good.

You have a lot of chrome on your truck, grille, wheels and grab handles. Going with anything other than a PTM setup won't look as good IMO unless you will be getting rid of most of the chrome.
I think I saw the same vehicle you are talking about! and I agree, I didn't like the new painting on it...

Last edited by jimmyy1; 07-13-2012 at 08:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Need paint ideas!