2004 - 2008 F-150

Possible Electrical Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012 | 04:44 PM
|
Possible Electrical Problem?

I have an 07 KR and have two minor issues that I might be overlooking. For one, my power windows and locks on the front driver side refuse to work when the door is open. They only work when the door is closed which is very unusual and inconvenient. The second thing I noticed is that my radio tends to stay on while my truck is off and will either turn off when I open the door to get out, or in another scenario when I turn off the truck with the door open and shut the door, it will stay on until I lock my truck. Any input on whether or not either of these are normal or if something is wrong electrically? Thanks

Old 08-19-2012 | 08:16 PM
Not sure about the power windows and locks, but if you turn the truck off with the doors shut, the radio should stay on until one of the front doors are opened. Also, if one of the doors is open and you turn the truck off, I believe the radio is supposed to go off immediately.

Old 08-20-2012 | 04:14 AM
Originally Posted by LMarroquin
I have an 07 KR and have two minor issues that I might be overlooking. For one, my power windows and locks on the front driver side refuse to work when the door is open. They only work when the door is closed which is very unusual and inconvenient. The second thing I noticed is that my radio tends to stay on while my truck is off and will either turn off when I open the door to get out, or in another scenario when I turn off the truck with the door open and shut the door, it will stay on until I lock my truck. Any input on whether or not either of these are normal or if something is wrong electrically? Thanks
The 1st thing I'd check is the ground for the LF door. The wire they use is more brittle than it should be and breaks in time from the flexing of opening and closing the drivers door. Pull the rubber billows that protects the wires from the cowl post to the door, back from the cowl post and see if the ground wire is broken. It would not be the 1st time I've seen it where the wire is broken and makes contact with the door closed and loses contact when the door is open. The fact that the window doesn't work gives me suspicion because I believe it should, although the door lock MAY NOT with the door open, for lock out reasons.

Quick Reply: Possible Electrical Problem?