2004 - 2008 F-150

Superlift lift kit any good?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 10:31 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best stance is preference.

It actually does not rub the body, it rubs the frame at complete lock. which is not a huge deal for most people. I personally think a level and 35's is the best look. 6" really needs 37's to fill the wheel wells.

Last edited by 06yz250f; 02-18-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For what it's worth, with the leveling kit and 35s, I only get a very slight rub, with the suspension flexed HARD, and the wheel turned. And at that, it is only a slight nudge on the inside of the plastic fender liner. I could VERY easily trim that back and eliminate the problem. There are guys with 4.75" backspaced 9" rims, leveling kits and 35s that have done a "tieback trim" where they slit the finder liner, and then have screwed the piece of fender liner back away from the tire. I do not like the idea of drilling into the body to run a screw though. At least not without some sort of rust protection there... To be blunt, you may want to "crack the seal" on your women (I laughed my a** off when I read that one!) with a big lift. I don't need to worry about that part. No problems cracking the seal as it were... And in my case lifting too high, and thusly annoying my wife would either well close the seal as it were by annoying her too much, or in a worst case scenario, be prohibitively costly (you get married and see what happens if you tick off your wife too much!). Short women do NOT like to have to mountain climb to get into a truck...

Quick Reply: Superlift lift kit any good?