2004 - 2008 F-150

Hi Lift Mounting Options

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012 | 12:16 AM
|
Hi Lift Mounting Options

Hey guys. I got me an '06 F-150 that i would like to mount a Hi Lift Jack. I was looking for mounting options so that I always have it with me. Does anyone have a jack mounted on their rig that could possibly point me in the right direction? Details and pics. are always welcome. Thanks

Old 10-17-2012 | 01:54 AM
Do you have a toolbox in the bed?

Old 10-17-2012 | 06:47 AM
I don't have any pictures, but I bed mounted mine in my Nissan. I bought the locking mounts from highlift and mounted to my bed liner just above the ride fender well. I drilled through the bed liner, and used back plates to reinforce it. I also put RTV around the fasteners and brackets. Worked well, no issues over about 50000 miles. Finally removed it when I replaced the bed, and went with a bed mat, instead of a liner.

Old 10-17-2012 | 11:07 AM
I really do wish you had posted up some more details on your truck's particular configuration. So I am at this point going to have to assume that your truck is...

#1. Dead stock. Except for possibly a level and some tire upgrades.
#2. No tool box, bed liner, bed cap or other bed modifications.
#3. Primarily a daily driver, not used much for hauling bulk materials in the bed.

I would at that point, suggest that you use the Hi Lift Loc Rack and mount it under the bed rail over the wheel well.

Now if you are considering custom heavy duty bumpers, then adding the Loc Rack (there is a theme here, keep that sucker locked up!) to the rear bumper with enough clearance that the tailgate won't hit it, and preferrably if you have one, a Line of Fire can be seen from behind, gets it out of your bed while keeping it handy.

If you like the look, then the traditional Jeep / Rover method of cross hood mounting the jack works.

I personally am not a fan on any 4x4 that doesn't resemble a brick with mud tires though.

Lastly, If you have a standard cab, maybe mounting to the back wall of the cab might be an option for you.

Like I said, more detail on your trucks configuration REALLY helps...

Old 10-17-2012 | 11:39 AM
Mine was mounted similar to teh first picture, only to Bed liner instead of rail.

Old 10-19-2012 | 12:44 AM
I bought a mount and welded it to the front of the bed. just under the rear window.

Old 10-19-2012 | 01:11 AM
|
sorry it took so long to reply. no i dont have a tool box. i was thinking something like the first pic. but mounted below the bed rail with the similar idea as glen (i dont have a bed liner) useing the bed side. i want it below the bed side because im thinking of getting a camper shell in the distant future.

Old 10-19-2012 | 06:36 AM
You could get some of the clamps that hook in bed rail, and make brackets to drop it down.

Quick Reply: Hi Lift Mounting Options