2004 - 2008 F-150

Pics Of My 06

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 09:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cant beat that! I have read that the toyos mts and the nitto trails can get up to 40 or 50k miles if maintained properly... I said SOLD... nothing like having a more aggressive tire that will last that long.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Exactly. Was having some rubbing issues on the UCA, and just installed 1/4" spacers about 10 minutes ago. One side clear and the other doesn't. My steering wheel pulls to the right, and the right side is the one that's not clearing. Could an alignment change the clearance and get them both to not rub? Other than that I'm a happy camper w/ these tires. I live in the suburbs of Chicago so there isn't a lot of places to go "mudding" or take them off road so for now I'll be a concrete commando but the light hum on the highway lets me know they're there and I am super pleased w/ the tires. My fuel mileage..well that's a different story. My Edgo Evo should be here Friday and hopefully will help.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:43 PM
Looks great! thanks for posting the pictures. i personally can't tell that its sitting nose high from the pictures. Also, according to Toyo, the open country M/T is 1/2 inch wider than the AT/II in the same size 35x12.50r20. How much is the interference on the UCA and your tire? i'm wondering if the AT/II's would have rubbed.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:20 PM
They rubbed a pretty good amount. A nice groove was made in the tires by the UCA. Like I said even after putting the 1/4" spacer on, one side now clears but right side does not but just a hair. My steering wheel also pulls to the right as well, which is why I think it may just be in need of a top notch alignment.

As for the nose high, I was leaving the house today and it DEFINITELY does sit nose high. Guess it's time for an AAL or blocks. BUUUT first things first, learn the ins and outs of my programmer that comes tomorrow.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:00 AM
just do a 3 inch rear block, the aal will put you up like 2 inches, that will be the wrong kinda rake. i think it sits nice now, but if you do anything do a 3 inch rear block. then you can keep some ride quality (aal is stiffer). i wish someone would make a 2.5 inch block already

Old 11-09-2012, 09:26 AM
How long does the plasti dip hold up on the steps? I would expect it to rub off quickly.

Buy the way, the truck looks great!

Old 11-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by GTXKen
How long does the plasti dip hold up on the steps? I would expect it to rub off quickly.

Buy the way, the truck looks great!
It held up ok. Not to my liking though. I need to either re-do them or bedline them like I want.

You can tell here how where I step it started to peel. And a car wash ripped off a portion of the rear.

Quick Reply: Pics Of My 06