2004 - 2008 F-150

Finally got an F150!! Mod suggestions??

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013 | 09:38 AM
|
Originally Posted by phattacorider
OFFROAD THAT BAD BOY!! Go out to Apex, just past Nellis AFB...Man oh man how I miss Vegas! I can't wait to go back!

Anywho, how about a leveling kit? Lifting spacers are about $100, but do require some large tools and extra hands for safety's sake. As mentioned earlier, HID's, quite simple and inexpensive. Exhaust is a great mod, one of my first mods besides an air intake setup. Wheels and tires are always a big jumper in visual modifications. how about a sound system? Options are endless! The very first mod was LED brake lights, LED 3rd brake light, and those stupid halo-projector headlights.
Yeah I'm excited, I wanna go to apex or I've heard there are pretty good trails up at mt charleston. Do you think I should put spacers on with the bilsteins? Do you know any other good offroad areas around vegas?

Old 04-29-2013 | 02:32 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by gws5060
Yeah I'm excited, I wanna go to apex or I've heard there are pretty good trails up at mt charleston. Do you think I should put spacers on with the bilsteins? Do you know any other good offroad areas around vegas?
The Bilsteins will handle spacers just fine, just don't go higher than 2.5" cuz under no load the control arm will make contact with the coils. There really isn't anything special around the Mt Charleston area IMO. Kyle Canyon and Lee Canyon roads, along with their interconnect are all paved. Where you wanna go for offroading is APEX (going north on Las Vegas BLVD past the speedway there will be a flat area in the desert on the right just before an overpass, that will take you to some sweet dunes), the Red Rock area (near willow springs, half way through the Red Rock loop), behind Sheep Mountain (way up north, just a long tricky offroad trail behind the entire northern mountain), and another sweet offroading spot is towards the Lake Mead area around the Henderson side.

On Fort Apache and Warm Springs (going south on Fort Apache it will be on your right) there's a little cave thing you can take your truck up to and walk through it. I've been in there once at night, dark as heck, don't know the laws about going in there, but a buddy and I went in there through one hole and left through another. It was pretty crazy, lots of rocks and crazy spots inside there.

Old 04-29-2013 | 06:35 PM
I have had both the Autospring spacers and now have the Bilsteins on mine. I will take the shocks any day. Rides much better in the front end at least to me.

Quick Reply: Finally got an F150!! Mod suggestions??