2004 - 2008 F-150

Finally got an F150!! Mod suggestions??

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013 | 12:11 AM
|
Finally got an F150!! Mod suggestions??

Hey all, I finally got an F150 back in December and have been reading a lot on this site. I got it completely stock and have already done a few mods and thought I'd post a few pics and see what other suggestions y'all have to make it look nice! I have a borla exhaust, smoked out taillights, Harley headlights, bilstein 5100s (all 4) and a sound system upgrade. I have 18" stealth bmf Novakanes on order with some procomp xtreme mt tires. I am either thinking about getting the fender flares with the rivets or just painting the grey on mine black or with spray in bedliner.

Name:  null.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  208.6 KB

Name:  null-2.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  204.5 KB

Old 04-28-2013 | 12:37 AM
Love the black out look, get some HIDs? 6k would be perfect. Very basic and beginner mod that any one can do in about 30 minutes.

Old 04-28-2013 | 12:50 AM
|
Originally Posted by nuclearthreat54
Love the black out look, get some HIDs? 6k would be perfect. Very basic and beginner mod that any one can do in about 30 minutes.
I honestly haven't even looked into that, I will have to check that out, thanks for the suggestion!!

Old 04-28-2013 | 09:06 AM
If you haven't given it some TLC already, this is a good idea;

http://www.f150forum.com/f4/transmis...h-pics-206146/

Low cost up front, likely saves a lot of money later.

Old 04-28-2013 | 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by 60DRB

Well I think I found my future project. Especially if you buy the OEM new pan with plug from Tasca which is on Page 2 of that link above.

Old 04-28-2013 | 01:10 PM
|
Originally Posted by 60DRB

Good to know, definitely looks like a fairly easy project to take care of too

Old 04-28-2013 | 07:13 PM
A good $60 bucks is an after market air filter. K&N has great filters. Reusable and does not void warranty. And you can install it in the parking lot after you buy it. You get better acceleration. Nothing special. You may also want to check your battery. I say that because I had to replace my stock battery this weekend. 07 with 60k. The corrosion on the negative was horrible. If I was you I would check for corrosion and if there isn't any go to autozone, wally world, where ever and buy felt terminal protectors and terminal grease. Just a preventative and piece of mind.

You plan to lift or level your truck?

Old 04-28-2013 | 07:19 PM
dont do HIDs unless you are going to do them properly (HID projector housings). i like your other idea of making those stock flares black.

Old 04-28-2013 | 07:34 PM
|
Originally Posted by Ryan_James
A good $60 bucks is an after market air filter. K&N has great filters. Reusable and does not void warranty. And you can install it in the parking lot after you buy it. You get better acceleration. Nothing special. You may also want to check your battery. I say that because I had to replace my stock battery this weekend. 07 with 60k. The corrosion on the negative was horrible. If I was you I would check for corrosion and if there isn't any go to autozone, wally world, where ever and buy felt terminal protectors and terminal grease. Just a preventative and piece of mind.

You plan to lift or level your truck?
The air filter is definitely on my list of next things to take care of, I was originally planning on going K&N then went to the local 4wheelparts shop and was told to go with AEM so I'm gonna look into it a little more, I know K&N has a big following. I just got bilstein 5100s put on it last week and have them set at the highest setting so I'm gonna stick with that for the level right now. I found the 07 with 42k on it and now have just over 50k so I'll take a look at the battery.

Old 04-28-2013 | 07:36 PM
|
Originally Posted by jdeacon
dont do HIDs unless you are going to do them properly (HID projector housings). i like your other idea of making those stock flares black.
Thanks, yeah the fenders have actually been bothering me cause they are faded and the light grey and either need to be restored or painted, I think I am just gonna paint them but I haven't decided on gloss like the rest of the truck or possibly doing the bedliner spray on the fenders, any suggestions?

Old 04-28-2013 | 08:46 PM
i believe that lariats are gloss and i like those. my fx4 flares are starting to fade and i am thinking about restoring them using a better version of the "back to black" product i saw in a thread here by detailersdomain

Old 04-28-2013 | 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by gws5060
The air filter is definitely on my list of next things to take care of, I was originally planning on going K&N then went to the local 4wheelparts shop and was told to go with AEM so I'm gonna look into it a little more, I know K&N has a big following. I just got bilstein 5100s put on it last week and have them set at the highest setting so I'm gonna stick with that for the level right now. I found the 07 with 42k on it and now have just over 50k so I'll take a look at the battery.
One weird thing I did notice with my K&N is that it whistles, whines, however you want to put it when you step on it. Lucky you. Wish I could afford Rancho's all around my truck. Nice deal you got.

Old 04-28-2013 | 09:23 PM
plastidip or PTM your emblems, and remove the sticks. just my $.02

Old 04-29-2013 | 02:19 AM
Technical Article Contributor

OFFROAD THAT BAD BOY!! Go out to Apex, just past Nellis AFB...Man oh man how I miss Vegas! I can't wait to go back!

Anywho, how about a leveling kit? Lifting spacers are about $100, but do require some large tools and extra hands for safety's sake. As mentioned earlier, HID's, quite simple and inexpensive. Exhaust is a great mod, one of my first mods besides an air intake setup. Wheels and tires are always a big jumper in visual modifications. how about a sound system? Options are endless! The very first mod was LED brake lights, LED 3rd brake light, and those stupid halo-projector headlights.

Old 04-29-2013 | 09:36 AM
|
Originally Posted by Jason H
plastidip or PTM your emblems, and remove the sticks. just my $.02
Yeah the sticks definitely need to come off and I have a can of black plastidip that I wanna do the emblems in and I was gonna get those vinyl layovers done by moody blue over on the other forum cause I have read he does a great job but I guess he isn't doing them this summer. Oh well!

Quick Reply: Finally got an F150!! Mod suggestions??