2004 - 2008 F-150

Click when braking

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 02:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Click when braking

Just noticed while parking that when I apply the brakes - either going forward or backward - I hear a click sound from under the truck... Not sure where... Not super loud, noticed because windows were down... Thoughts? What to look for?
Thanks.

Old 07-19-2013, 03:20 PM
First couple things I would check would be the front and rear driveshaft U joints, also make sure the bolts holding the calipers to the spindles are tight.

Old 07-19-2013, 03:31 PM
Weird - Lately my brakes have been squeaky in front because of new metal pads... Very hot here today... Before parking - last few times I slowed down - I noticed that the squeaking had stopped, but then noticed the click sound when parking. I went out a few minutes after my first post here and when I tried my truck the click was gone but the squeak was back - must be related...

Old 07-19-2013, 05:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I notice it if I go from reverse braking (like backing into my driveway) to pulling out forward braking..... I'd say it's just the pads going from one side to the other. Can't be that much of a super tight tolerance we would never be able to change them!

Quick Reply: Click when braking