2004 - 2008 F-150

Door Ajar/Dome Light/Outside Hi-Point Light

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Question Door Ajar/Dome Light/Outside Hi-Point Light

My door ajar/dome light/outside hi-point light are staying on.
If it is like my 97 F150 was, then the light switch should be within the door latch, correct? If so, I sprayed and cleaned both door latches with WD-40, scrubbed them with a tooth brush, then sprayed silicone spray in them. I am pretty sure the problem is within the drivers door. Any advice on what to do next is greatly appreciated. I keep it off by turning the dimmer light switch off on the panel next to the headlight on/off switch.

Old 12-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Thumbs up

I think I fixed it. For some reason my PC was not getting GOOGLE so I did a BING search and found this thread.
I used CRC Brake-Kleen and blasted it up in there until it was running out of the doors. Problem solved, I hope!

https://www.f150online.com/forums/el...ying-read.html

Old 01-09-2014, 06:21 PM
Thumbs up

UPDATE
My door ajar light came back to haunt me this morning. After my doctors appointment I stopped by the nearest Ford dealership in Baton Rouge, La., to buy a door jamb switch. Luckily, they had one.
I unbolted the door latch assembly and pulled it out just enough to remove the old switch and install the new one.
This was a job where I could sit down and not have to stand on my bad leg/foot.
About an hour and 15 minutes and all is good now.

Of course it was the drivers side door jamb switch. That door gets used 98% of the time.
For anyone interested, this is the part number for years 2005-2008 drivers side front door. (LH)
4L3Z-13713-AA

Quick Reply: Door Ajar/Dome Light/Outside Hi-Point Light