2004 - 2008 F-150

4x4 light ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2016 | 11:04 PM
|
4x4 light ???

my 2008 f-150 4x4 has a problem & need advice. I went to put my truck into 4x4,turned switch to 4x4,light went on but didn't engage. checked vacuum lines & found a bad hose next to the solenoid,replaced it,turned 4x4 switch to 4x4,light went on,still didn't engage but turning the switch back & forth from 2wh to 4x4, i can here it clicking under the truck, so i got under the truck & had somebody turn the switch while i tapped the transfer case motor,after a few hits,the motor started to work(like it was trying to engage)then stopped,now nothing,the 4x4 light won't work,no more clicking when i turn the switch,checked all the fuses(ok),my ? is-if the transfer case motor is no good,would it stop the 4x4 light from working??? I'm perplexed!!!

Old 02-29-2016 | 08:11 AM
Yes, if your ESOF motor goes bad and doesn't move the Shift Fork in the Transfer Case, you won't get the 4x4 light on the dash to illuminate. That said, it sounds like you have more than one problem. If you were getting the light before, but no 4 wheel drive, I'd suspect a bad IWE or two. If you're not getting the ESOF motor to kick the TC into 4x4 now, I'd say you also have a bad ESOF motor.

Old 03-01-2016 | 05:08 PM
|
4x4 light

Originally Posted by 2stroked
Yes, if your ESOF motor goes bad and doesn't move the Shift Fork in the Transfer Case, you won't get the 4x4 light on the dash to illuminate. That said, it sounds like you have more than one problem. If you were getting the light before, but no 4 wheel drive, I'd suspect a bad IWE or two. If you're not getting the ESOF motor to kick the TC into 4x4 now, I'd say you also have a bad ESOF motor.
. Ok, like i said, moved switch to 4x4,it clicked under truck(by TC)light stayed on but didn't engage. so i had somebody turn switch to & from 4x4 while i tapped on the ESOF motor,after a few hits, it started making noises like it was trying to engage,then stopped. Thats when the light stopped working. fuses are good & solenoid is good. So your saying, if the ESOF motor blew or shorted out while i was hitting it,that would also stop my 4x4 light from showing???

Old 03-01-2016 | 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by netminderone
. Ok, like i said, moved switch to 4x4,it clicked under truck(by TC)light stayed on but didn't engage. so i had somebody turn switch to & from 4x4 while i tapped on the ESOF motor,after a few hits, it started making noises like it was trying to engage,then stopped. Thats when the light stopped working. fuses are good & solenoid is good. So your saying, if the ESOF motor blew or shorted out while i was hitting it,that would also stop my 4x4 light from showing???
Yup.

Quick Reply: 4x4 light ???