2004 - 2008 F-150

No Auto Headlights but Parking Lights! HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation No Auto Headlights but Parking Lights! HELP

I own a 2004 F150 SuperCrew, new body style.

I don't think the problem is the light switch or the sensor on-top on the dash. The headlights turn ON when on MANUAL position (furthest right), so the switch is working. When the switch is on the AUTO position (furthest left) ONLY the parking (orange) lights turn on, that's why I think it's not the sensor.

I don't see in the manual a fuse specifically for the automatic lights. All the headlight fuses are good. Also, when selecting the AUTO position I hear a cliking noise coming from the fusebox (lower passenger side) and the Body Security Module in the back!

Furthermore, I had replaced the Body Security Module (BSM/VSM) located on the back of the rear seat - drivers side. The Body Security Module came off of a similar F-150, and seemed to work fine just by plugging it to my truck but after searching and reading into this problem I found out that it needed to be programmed specifically to my vehicles VIN number. I took my truck to the dealership today, or should I say STEALership, and told them to re-program my BSM/VSM using AS-BUILT DATA. They told me it would take about 1hr and $115... So after 1hr and paying $128.51 after taxes, I just got a carwash out of it. The re-program did NOTHING! Everything works the same as it did before the re-program. I don't even know if the technician re-programmed the Body Security Module. I don't know if he used the AS-BUILT DATA.
All I know is I got a $128.51 carwash.

Ohh! I don't know if this might be relevant or it might even go hand-in-hand with this problem, but my horn is not working when locking the truck with key fob. The horn does honk when pressing it on steering wheel though. Maybe another feature that the BSM/VSM should control?

Originally posted on the /Body/Electrical Systems section but I thought it would be more appropriate to post on model specific (04-08) section

Old 06-13-2016, 03:57 PM
there is a drl fuse that is on the right inner fender that may be required to replaced.

http://s86.photobucket.com/user/Mach...04954.jpg.html its in the box below the intake

Old 06-13-2016, 05:50 PM
Daytime Running Lights?

I don't think my truck has DRL's..

Thanks though!

Quick Reply: No Auto Headlights but Parking Lights! HELP