2004 - 2008 F-150

Need Electrical help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 12:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Electrical help!!!

I'm original owner, 173k miles 2004 newer body style supercab FX4.

Normal for months. Rained 2 days ago. Yesterday drove fine. Today, go out and the power door locks seemed weird. Like they wouldn't lock/ unlock all the way once inside. Hit it a couple times back and forth then NOTHING.
- Now radio stays on when doors opened, with the key removed.
- The drivers door switches stay illuminated all the time
- Sometimes there is a weird clicking sound coming from behind rear supercab seat on drivers side. When it does this.... the head lights flicker/ are barely on even with switch off, key removed!
- There is sometimes a buzz on relay 202?!
Doors, and Panic buttons on key fob does not work at all?

I cleaned all the grounds under the battery/firewall ... 4 in total.
Changed battery; didn't change anything.
I already replaced a bad driver pump module under the rear axle this last December.
I can manually close/open with key for the doors, but it doesn't respond to either power door lock buttons?

---- I've read, and plan to track down this elusive purple wire on drivers side door. Next would be remove backseat and change the anti theft thing behind back seat making occasional buzzing/ clicking sounds???

PLEASE HELP! Kind of scared it's going to ruin a new battery/ catch on fire?! :O
It's my Daily Driver, and I got to have it ready to go. Thanks in advance. Please point me in the right direction?

my 2004 FX4, I'm original owner

Last edited by exracr; 08-08-2019 at 12:27 AM.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I've tracked the entire purple wire......... no splice anywhere along door sill panel!

Thinking maybe a bad door latch??

Quick Reply: Need Electrical help!!!