2004 - 2008 F-150

Reverse works drive is neutral low is reverse

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2024, 11:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reverse works drive is neutral low is reverse

08 king ranch 5.4 The motor was replaced with an oriellys special. After fixing all the mistakes with the motor, it runs great. Now I have an abs light, brake light. When I put it in reverse it goes backwards. Drive is neutral. 2nd is neutral. Low is reverse. I've never seen this before and any help is greatly appreciated. Also no communication with less than half of the computers. Re programmed another ecu and still same issues.

Old 08-01-2024, 06:03 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by bryanbabco1234
08 king ranch 5.4 The motor was replaced with an oriellys special. After fixing all the mistakes with the motor, it runs great. Now I have an abs light, brake light. When I put it in reverse it goes backwards. Drive is neutral. 2nd is neutral. Low is reverse. I've never seen this before and any help is greatly appreciated. Also no communication with less than half of the computers. Re programmed another ecu and still same issues.
I don't know if this will help much but I think the transmission gear problem is most likely due to a faulty transmission position sensor. So I'd search for a video showing how to test it first.

I'd defer action on the ABS and brake dash lights for now.

Quick Reply: Reverse works drive is neutral low is reverse