Edge Installed!! WOWWWW!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006 | 07:39 PM
|
Edge Installed!! WOWWWW!

Installed my edge today (had to run down the ups man at work!) and all i can say is this thing rocks! I have been running my SUPERCHIPS 1714 set on the HI Performance setting and the HI setting on the Edge BLOWS the 1714 out of the water. When i got on it leaving work, my buddy that rides with me said "Whoa, that was unexpected!". I really like the display of the engine parameters too. I did one 0-60 run with a Full Tank of gas and fully warmed up engine and it came back as 7.06 seconds!!! I will retest to verify and report back tomorrow morning. It feels strong but not that strong ( i have an 11 sec cobra for comparison). I am completely satisfied with the performance and function of this unit. If anyone says they cant feel a difference between this and stock they need their head examined....

Old 01-05-2006 | 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by gobra
Installed my edge today (had to run down the ups man at work!) and all i can say is this thing rocks! I have been running my SUPERCHIPS 1714 set on the HI Performance setting and the HI setting on the Edge BLOWS the 1714 out of the water. When i got on it leaving work, my buddy that rides with me said "Whoa, that was unexpected!". I really like the display of the engine parameters too. I did one 0-60 run with a Full Tank of gas and fully warmed up engine and it came back as 7.06 seconds!!! I will retest to verify and report back tomorrow morning. It feels strong but not that strong ( i have an 11 sec cobra for comparison). I am completely satisfied with the performance and function of this unit. If anyone says they cant feel a difference between this and stock they need their head examined....
Why do members start multiple threads when there is already a thread that exists "EDGE first impressions". It really makes it difficult to track. I can understand if the thread was started several months ago...but the other thread was just started several days ago....Not complaining, but it would make it easier.

Old 01-05-2006 | 08:37 PM
|
By "members", I assume you mean "me". We had 60 purchases of the edge unit, if we all posted in the same topic, our experiences would all blend together. There are already several topics being discussed in one thread. Besides, it belongs in this forum.

Old 01-05-2006 | 08:46 PM
By "members", I assume you mean "me". We had 60 purchases of the edge unit, if we all posted in the same topic, our experiences would all blend together. There are already several topics being discussed in one thread. Besides, it belongs in this forum.
gobra...no I don't mean just "you" Please tell me the purpose of you starting a new thread when this one already exists Edge Evolution initial impressions

Maybe I am wrong, but it seems that "your" intial impression would pertain to that thread. That is the purpose for people to post in one thread...makes it easier for one stop shop....What if everyone started a new thread with every mod they did..Can you imagine how hard and frustrating it would be to search others experiences to help new members in making and educated decision? It would be tough. Again, I am not casting stones, just trying to help myself and others..BTW...I am glad you had a positive experience with the edge....

Old 01-05-2006 | 08:52 PM
|
Point taken. I've had to read through some long threads to get to the meat of the topic. I felt it was better to start my own thread and not hijack someones thread, that all.

Old 01-05-2006 | 09:24 PM
Because he was excited and wanted to tell us about it..no big deal..geeezz

Old 01-05-2006 | 09:29 PM
I say post what you want, that thread is getting huge, alot of it is bs anyways and not initial impressions.

Can't wait to get my Edge and see how it is compared to my Diablo Predator. Even if its the same performance wise, its worth it for the display alone.

Old 01-05-2006 | 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by nvrenuff
I say post what you want, that thread is getting huge, alot of it is bs anyways and not initial impressions.

Can't wait to get my Edge and see how it is compared to my Diablo Predator. Even if its the same performance wise, its worth it for the display alone.

Guys....lighten up..it was just merely a suggestion...every thread on this website eventually gets off topic...I'm guilty as well...it just seems to me that it is better to have one thread....even if there is bs in the thread..it is much easier to go to one thread and sort through the bs rather than sort through the bs of a dozen threads...again..jmo...everyone is entitled to do what the want..I was just using a logical approach (at least I thought I was)

Old 01-06-2006 | 12:13 AM
Technical Article Contributor

I'll second gobra's comments. I installed mine and went through the first 2 levels and test drove about 25 miles. The transmission shifting is much better than stock and the throttle lag is gone. I love it! It's hard to believe that something this small has so many features and can be so useful. The customizable engine gauges alone are worth the price. I probably could have spent $200.00 to $300.00 on gauges and still wouldn't have the functionality that this unit has. It's like buying gauges and getting a free tuner.

Old 01-06-2006 | 01:11 AM
I did one 0-60 run with a Full Tank of gas and fully warmed up engine and it came back as 7.06 seconds!!! I will retest to verify and report back tomorrow morning. It feels strong but not that strong ( i have an 11 sec cobra for comparison).
It's probably not a correct reading.

You have to go into the custom tune section and change the tire size and rear gear ratio to reflect what your vehicle actually has, in order to get a proper reading.

My Screw with a full tank of 93 octane and set on level 3 with very aggressive custom settings runs a 7.54 to 7.59.

Old 01-06-2006 | 05:30 AM
|
Originally Posted by Kool Aid
You have to go into the custom tune section and change the tire size and rear gear ratio to reflect what your vehicle actually has, in order to get a proper reading.

I did change the tire size to my tire size and i have the 3.73 gears. Do i have to do anything to the gear selection if it is right? I am a "little" skeptical of the time, but if everything is set right, that is all i have to go on.

BTW, i did dyno at 228-229 HP with NO Programming in Dec. So if i pick up 35 HP, that would be 265ish (if that matters).

Last edited by gobra; 01-06-2006 at 05:35 AM.
Old 01-06-2006 | 09:02 AM
|
I ran a 7.13 0-60 this morning. I did notice that the Edge MPH reading was 1-2 MPH slower than the reading in my cluster. That could explain the faster time. All of my other settings are correct though. I wonder why the cluster is different than the Edge display? It still is a huge leap forward over stock and the 1714.

Old 01-06-2006 | 10:13 AM
MHP
Originally Posted by runnerbl
Guys.......every thread on this website eventually gets off topic..
This thread seems to have done that alot quicker than most, dosn't ussualy happen by the second post!

Old 01-06-2006 | 11:40 AM
I ran a 7.13 0-60 this morning. I did notice that the Edge MPH reading was 1-2 MPH slower than the reading in my cluster. That could explain the faster time. All of my other settings are correct though. I wonder why the cluster is different than the Edge display? It still is a huge leap forward over stock and the 1714.
The Edge manual states that the Edge's MPH reading can vary from the gauge reading by as much as 3 MPH due to spring tolerances in the gauge cluster.

I've checked my speedometer with GPS and found it to be very accurate, so the Edge's readings (which I assume are just read directly from the PCM without any intermediate processing) might tend to give slightly higher than actual 0-60 times. (It would depend on when the Edge first senses forward movement and starts the timer, i.e., whether the delay in MPH reading is the same at the beginning of the run as it is at the end).

Last edited by C-17 Pilot; 01-06-2006 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-06-2006 | 11:47 AM
I would think that would cause the timing run to be off, a little.

Have you done other mods beside the Shaker?

I LOVE that Shaker hood.

How can I get one?

Quick Reply: Edge Installed!! WOWWWW!