2009 - 2014 F-150

Husky Weatherbeater floormat pics and review in my 09 XLT Scab

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 07:49 PM
CnA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Husky Weatherbeater floor liner pics and review in my 09 XLT Scab

Just got the Husky Weatherbeaters in today for my 2009 XLT Supercab 4x4. I'm not impressed at all. They have a cheap plastic feel to them and not a solid rubbery feel of a good quality floor liner.

Took some measurements of the plastic and they vary from 0.053" to 0.079". That's very thin. The top edges are formed thicker to give the illusion of a thicker liner. Shame on you Husky.

These are thinner than the old regular Husky liners I had in my 2003 Ranger. Those older ones had a diamond texture only.

I went with the Gray to keep the two tone appearance of the cab, but the gray liners are much lighter than what I saw in the online pictures. Way to light for my taste. Black would be better.

I would not recommend these in such as a nice truck. They don't do it justice.

Front driver

Front passenger

Rear cab

Closeup of rear cab with driver seat forward

Last edited by CnA; 04-02-2009 at 08:09 PM. Reason: changed mat to liner for accuracy
Old 04-02-2009, 07:56 PM
I have a set of digitalfit / weathertech mats in my front. They have a nice rubber feel and are thick. The fit is off the hook. They will a\have the back row out in 2-3 weeks. I can't wait. Have been covering up the back floor with a blanket/tarp when I take the Labs to the beach. They come home WET and Sandy. Hurry up Weathertech! Send your Husky's back and order a set of digitalfit mats.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:01 PM
I wouldn't call them mats. They look more like liners. Also, not really sure why it matters how thin the liners are as long as they hold liquid which I assume is what they are supposed to do. I do agree that black would look better too. Sorry you don't like your new liners man. I 2nd the weathertechs. I had them in my Tacoma,and loved 'em.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:08 PM
CnA
Originally Posted by Boltsfaninmo
I wouldn't call them mats. They look more like liners. Also, not really sure why it matters how thin the liners are as long as they hold liquid which I assume is what they are supposed to do. I do agree that black would look better too. Sorry you don't like your new liners man. I 2nd the weathertechs. I had them in my Tacoma,and loved 'em.
They are liners. I changed my post to more accurately reflect what they are.

I could make a liner the thickness of a plastic milk jug, but how cheap do you want to make something? For $130 I expect more quality.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by sandydiego
I have a set of digitalfit / weathertech mats in my front. They have a nice rubber feel and are thick. The fit is off the hook. They will a\have the back row out in 2-3 weeks. I can't wait. Have been covering up the back floor with a blanket/tarp when I take the Labs to the beach. They come home WET and Sandy. Hurry up Weathertech! Send your Husky's back and order a set of digitalfit mats.
They are an unreal fit. We have back one for the Ranger rover and it fits well good. Also have the fronts in me f150 and well impressed with fit of them also.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yikes! What color is your interior? It looks tan and brown in the pictures. The mats are not even close in color to your interior. I have Weathertech's in my '05 and love them.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:52 PM
gpo
what is the interior colour of your truck?

Old 04-02-2009, 09:18 PM
CnA
Originally Posted by BlueFlareside
Yikes! What color is your interior? It looks tan and brown in the pictures. The mats are not even close in color to your interior. I have Weathertech's in my '05 and love them.
I have the medium stone interior.

The floor carpet is a grey/black with brown.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:22 PM
well thanks for posting your honest opinion of them so that it helps other people to decide if they want them or not.

Like others have said, I'm also going with the Weathertech Floorliner set as soon as the rear mat is available.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:46 PM
CnA
I'll also add that the rear floor liners do not extend back far enough. They only go back to the jack in a straight line across.

I took a look at the Weathertech's for the 08's and they go all the way back.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Don't seem to go out far enough on passenger side? Still carpet showing on edge. Or is that from angle?

Old 04-02-2009, 10:03 PM
CnA
Originally Posted by Power Kid
Don't seem to go out far enough on passenger side? Still carpet showing on edge. Or is that from angle?
It is slightly exaggerated due to the camera angle, but the fit should be a lot better and cover the carpet. You can see the liner is tight and flush to the right side floor trim at the A pillar. It won't go over more to cover the carpet.

The Michigan winters here are very sloppy and I really need a good liner to catch the water and slush.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:28 PM
You going to return them and spend that dough on weathertechs?

Old 04-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Floor Mats

I got the Ford OEM mats. They have a little hook thing that holds them in place, good thick rubber, match nice and seem to hold water & mud quite nicely. The rear mat is huge, fits the whole back area of my supercrew & it's very heavy duty. I had the Husky in my previous truck & the fit was good but over time the area near the door sill to a different shape because ot the door, but they held the water & mud in their area as advertised perfectly

Old 04-02-2009, 11:12 PM
I ordered the Full Coverage Rubber Mats from factory when I ordered my PLAT. They are awesome, love 'em!

Quick Reply: Husky Weatherbeater floormat pics and review in my 09 XLT Scab