2009 - 2014 F-150

What tonneau cover looks best on the new body style???

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skydiverM15...Yes, the UnderCover can be painted, according to UnderCover. However, they will not paint it and will not guarantee it after it's painted. I talked to a couple of vehicle paint shops in town and they would not guarantee their work on that ABS plastic either. So, that's why I ended up with the SnugLid. With most other truck colors I would've bought a BakFlip, or another UnderCover...but with this Royal Red, in my opinion, black would just not look good.

I knew the SnugLid paint job would be good quality and would look good...same as an A.R.E. Personally, I just don't like the hump on the A.R.E., not to mention the extra weight, compared to the SnugLid. And I prefer the lower profile of the SnugLid. To each his own there, as I think the quality is there with both of these lids, as well as the Leer 700.

My previous UnderCover always leaked around both front corners when driving into a rain. They say they don't now...I don't know. But, I do know this SnugLid hasn't leaked one bit...and I've driven in several hard rains since I got it. The last time was just two days ago...coming back from Branson, with suitcases and clothes bags in the back, as well as all the sacks of stuff the wife bought shopping. And, I mentioned to her on the way home that this would be a good test for the SnugLid. I could not feel any moisture anywhere on the BedRug when we got home...everything was dry as a bone. And, it sure is nice to have all that space when traveling...knowing you can lock it up and keep everything dry. Especially when you have a wife that shops as much as mine does, and we always have twice as much stuff on the way home.

And, I'll say this about it. I was not going to buy a $48K truck and then put a cheap lid on it that would hurt the looks of the truck. It just wasn't the time to try save a couple hundred dollars...and it wasn't worth the hassle of trying to paint an UnderCover. Personally, I think the SnugLid is the best tonneau cover on the market and would recommend it to anyone.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:04 PM
A.r.e.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:17 AM
Have had three Truxedo Lo Pro's. The last being the QT on my F250. Now I do not know what to buy for my '09 F150. After Hurricane Ike here, the island was filled with part time workers/full time thieves. Had two covers cut. That gets expensive. Sorry part about it was the tailgate was unlocked and the bed was empty......hell I lost every tool I had in the flood...so there isn't much left to steal.

Now I am leaning toward one of the rolling, locking, hard covers. They are expensive, but more secure and less likely to be vadalized.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:33 AM
I should have my LEER color matched by next week delivered and installed from dealer at home will get you some pics then

Old 10-30-2009, 04:20 PM
MickeyMorris,

You keep saying "weight". What is the weight? Leer told me theirlid was 195#, and Swiss said 130. It looks like the Snug is probably about 100. What did you find out? I've been looking hard at weights of lids because the payload of a new F-150 is something I'd like to keep maximized for towing.

As for the vinyl roll-up lids, they offer no security, so I'll pass on them. I had to break into my old Swiss years ago whne one of the actuator rod clips broke so it wouldn't unlatch. I threw my shoulder out in the process - it wasn't easy to get in... a sledge and a lot of noise would be needed on a fiberglass lid.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Well Finally on ...LEER 700 series..pictures dark and truck dirty more pictures next week...off to Vegas !!!

Old 11-06-2009, 01:03 PM
What Snug lid did you by? There are several types? Thx

Old 11-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I still think that the BakFlip and Solid Fold is the way to go. You get the hard top, security, but you can also fold them out of the way. I went with the BakFlip because it folds completely out of the way, and I've used it to haul bikes and stuff without having to take anything off. Just fold up and take off....

Old 11-07-2009, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by sharper4
I still think that the BakFlip and Solid Fold is the way to go.
Ditto.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:17 AM
Which Bakflip Did you guys go with?

Old 11-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Just bought a Truxport for my truck, just wanted to for the winter and this seems to be a decent fitting cover that is really easy to roll up and fits pretty snug. Price was about right for what I am planning to use it for, if money was not an issue I probably would have went for a Bakflip HD (or F1 I think they are coming out with), seems like a quality product, easy to use and looks great.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:25 AM
I also have the Bakflip HD. Love it.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:56 AM
BakFlip HD here too. I highly recommend it. I get asked a lot from other truck owners about it.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by F150NL
Which Bakflip Did you guys go with?

G2. Its not cheap up here in Canada. I paid $1100 I think, Truck Accessories Plus in Brampton. Performance Improvemens was $400 more.

Old 11-14-2009, 03:44 PM
Anyone else like "Undercover" brand?

This is the 3rd truck I have had the Undercover lid on and I really like them. They have redone the styiling in the last year and I think they look great and are extremely easy on/off....

Quick Reply: What tonneau cover looks best on the new body style???