2009 - 2014 F-150

Good JOB 2010 Fx4

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 08:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good JOB 2010 Fx4

First off i came from a 2006 F150 screw. It was a good truck. Never had any problems with it. I was very hesitant to get into a 2010 with the new motors coming out. So far i havent been dissappointed. Ive got 4000 miles on it now in the last 3 weeks. First trip was to TX. started with 400 miles and drove over 1400 miles in 24 hours running over 70+ mph almost everywhere. On the way home i averaged 17.5 mpg's on one tank. Also the 36 gallon tank or whatever it has is awesome for long hauls like that. filled up once going down and once coming back. After that ive been pulling a 20ft Bonanza stock trailer once to get a horse in Springfield, MO and the rest ive been moving to a new house, which i loaded that sucker. I did notice that specific load being back there. Empty though, the new 6spd really sharpened up getting up to speed with a trailer. I didnt notice it was behind me until i looked at the MPG screen .....10mpg. not so hot, but thats not what i bought it for. With that said i couldnt be happier, i think it kicks the crap out of my other one!

Old 01-21-2011, 08:40 AM
Glad you're happy with the new truck... but I can't do it.

I nearly bought an '09, but then I heard rumors of the new engines and just had to wait.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Hey Smokey, didn't you have XD Hosses on your last truck? Did you mount them on your new truck? Good review.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:23 AM
I havent yet. I need a leveling kit to run them without rubbing too bad. I also dont run my good wheels in the winter. Trying to prevent pitting that way. I also purchased a 6" procomp stage II. Im waiting for the right time to do that and also im trying to get into a 35" tire instead of my Terra grapplers that are on them now. F_ast has pretty much the same truck i do only he has grey at the bottom. Look his up and you can get an idea what it will look like.
As far as waiting for the new engines i figure they will be around for a while kind of like the 5.4l was, so i will get my chance in a new motor. For now Rebates baby!!!!

Old 03-08-2011, 03:00 PM
this is an older post. but i thought id add another trip i made. I borrowed a crappy 16ft trailer to haul some trees i bought in St. Louis. they were having 80percent off so i jumped on some instant shade trees! Anyway these suckers were huge. i wish i had a picture. They are 15+ft tall. Anyway the ***** were weighing around 750lbs, they were soaked from the rain last friday. we loaded 6 on the trailer and two in the bed of the truck, along with a jap maple. It really didnt squat as bad as i thought it was going to. I didnt drive like a nascar driver, but other then getting 7.5mpg it wasnt a bad trip. anytime i wanted to go, i didnt have any problem. Truck ran around 2200 to 2500rpm most of the trip in tow/haul from STL to Kansas city. So now up to 7500 miles and still happy. Not a bad work truck!haha

Old 03-08-2011, 04:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like your truck is treating you well...glad to hear it!

I live in central MO...should've stopped in and said hi and I would have bought you lunch!

Quick Reply: Good JOB 2010 Fx4