2009 - 2014 F-150

2010 Issues (not good)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 02:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Issues (not good)

I have a 2010 fx2 5.4 with 20k mile, I have been having issues with the tranny.

1)If I am cruising at any speed and let go the gas and reengage the gas peddle the truck slams into gear (it feels as if I am getting rear ended). This happens pretty consistently in any speed. Thats my first issue. I had my truck sitting for about 5 days without driving and noticed yesterday morning that there was tranny fluid on my driveway???? Holy ****, that's not good.

2)I have a river of water that comes through the back, (third brake light)?

3)Whenever I go up a steep driveway I hear a pop coming from the bed

4)I went to go pump 5 dollar gas and the door screeched and wouldn't close

5)The second day I bought the truck I noticed that on the top of the driver door sill where the weather stripping is there is a little notch that's making the paint peel. The notch is coming from inside the truck out, not from the outside in, if that makes any sense.

So I figured it was finally time to take it in, so she is sitting at the dealership and they are going to give me a call back in regards to what the next step is and see if I "qualify" for a rental. Come on, 5 problems on a new truck needs some qualification for a rental? I just wanted to post this up and ask for recommendations and maybe some info as to why I may be having these issues.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by HBfisherman
I have a 2010 fx2 5.4 with 20k mile, I have been having issues with the tranny.

1)If I am cruising at any speed and let go the gas and reengage the gas peddle the truck slams into gear (it feels as if I am getting rear ended). This happens pretty consistently in any speed. Thats my first issue. I had my truck sitting for about 5 days without driving and noticed yesterday morning that there was tranny fluid on my driveway???? Holy ****, that's not good.

2)I have a river of water that comes through the back, (third brake light)?

3)Whenever I go up a steep driveway I hear a pop coming from the bed

4)I went to go pump 5 dollar gas and the door screeched and wouldn't close

5)The second day I bought the truck I noticed that on the top of the driver door sill where the weather stripping is there is a little notch that's making the paint peel. The notch is coming from inside the truck out, not from the outside in, if that makes any sense.

So I figured it was finally time to take it in, so she is sitting at the dealership and they are going to give me a call back in regards to what the next step is and see if I "qualify" for a rental. Come on, 5 problems on a new truck needs some qualification for a rental? I just wanted to post this up and ask for recommendations and maybe some info as to why I may be having these issues.
I had the brake light leak. Repaired under warranty.

Sounds like someone might have slammed something in the door while closing it. Car Carrier personnel have been known to damage vehicles and not report it cuz they get into trouble. (I used to be a dispatcher).

Have the Sirius antenna repaired and sealed while you are there, also.

Tell the dealer you have observed water dripping from the passenger grab handle and they should repair it.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:06 PM
So I just got a call from Ford stating that the tech so far checked out the tranny and said it was seeping and part #6L2Z7G276AA is needing to be replaced. But unfortunately they don't have the part and they may receive it sometime in April? The "tech" said the truck is perfectly fine to drive in the mean time?

I don't feel comfortable driving the truck with it "seeping". What should I do?

Old 02-28-2012, 09:12 PM
a few decades ago all new cars leaked. All Harley's still leak, lol. I had the reflash done on my 2010 to fix the slam shifting. brake light leaks were common. Never had a problem with a gas door.

I don't know if it is the economy or what, but I have found it hard to get parts in many markets. I think people are keeping lower inventory and overheads..

Why people expect a rental when they buy a basic vehicle without loaner service I will never understand. I guess people feel they are owed something. If you want loaner car service buy a brand that affords that luxury. Lexus, Mercedes, Cadillac, Acura, Hummer etc...

Ford has given me loaners but that was just a generous dealer not anything they owed me. I knew buying an American made pickup I wasn't paying for Cadillac curbside service.

Old 02-29-2012, 12:17 PM
When you go to a restaurant and order lobster but there is no meat in the shell I think the restaurant owes you another meal or a refund. When I dump 30+k into a truck I expect to get whats owed to me and what I payed for. I didn't pay to have a leaking tranny, if I wanted that I would have bought a used car and prayed nothing happens to it.

In regards to my truck, I picked it up last night and the gas door was fixed, and they put a new third break light on. The part for the tranny leak is on back order until April and the jerking was not attended to because the tech couldn't reenact the issue. I asked to see if they could reflash the truck and said that nothing has changed since I bought the truck so it would be useless. They also said there has been no recalls on the truck since I purchased it, is this true?

Old 02-29-2012, 12:39 PM
When you go to a restaurant and order lobster but there is no meat in the shell I think the restaurant owes you another meal or a refund. When I dump 30+k into a truck I expect to get whats owed to me and what I payed for. I didn't pay to have a leaking tranny, if I wanted that I would have bought a used car and prayed nothing happens to it.

In regards to my truck, I picked it up last night and the gas door was fixed, and they put a new third break light on. The part for the tranny leak is on back order until April and the jerking was not attended to because the tech couldn't reenact the issue. I asked to see if they could reflash the truck and said that nothing has changed since I bought the truck so it would be useless. They also said there has been no recalls on the truck since I purchased it, is this true?
If you can recreate the tranny slam issue every time, then ask your service advisor to take a ride with you and show him/her what you are talking about.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:48 PM

When i purchased my truck I also bought an extended warranty for piece of mind, (mainly because my truck came installed with a 6in BDS lift and they will replace ball joints, tie rods etc., which go out all the time running bigger tires). Another selling point was they said if my truck is in the shop over a day I get a rental vehicle. Well my truck was going in for a week to two for a new bed side (long story, tailgate not aligning, decided not to do it anyway), but when I asked, about getting my rental they told me they dont give rentals. So back to the fine print of my extended warranty it says they will "reinburse" me up to $30 a day for a rental...yay, i may be able to rent a small pos on a weekday for just a little over that. Needless to say, stealership got one over on me.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:02 PM
Build Tracking Moderator
Drive it. If you're close to the end of your warranty, start shopping around for extended warr. ( i would )
all 5 issues should be fixed under warr.
which door is screeching, driver door or gas door?

Old 02-29-2012, 02:09 PM
I am suprised by the amount of complaning about the 2010s I have a xlt 4.3 3v 4/4 25000 miles and have never had a problem with it the average fule milage is 21 not a single leek drip bang clunk ect.. What are people doing with there trucks?

Old 02-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by ruffn-it
When i purchased my truck I also bought an extended warranty for piece of mind, (mainly because my truck came installed with a 6in BDS lift and they will replace ball joints, tie rods etc., which go out all the time running bigger tires). Another selling point was they said if my truck is in the shop over a day I get a rental vehicle. Well my truck was going in for a week to two for a new bed side (long story, tailgate not aligning, decided not to do it anyway), but when I asked, about getting my rental they told me they dont give rentals. So back to the fine print of my extended warranty it says they will "reinburse" me up to $30 a day for a rental...yay, i may be able to rent a small pos on a weekday for just a little over that. Needless to say, stealership got one over on me.
My dealer is the same way, but there is an Enterprise on site, and they direct bill, so no out of pocket cost. The dealer also gives you a book of coupons for free rentals when you are having service done that is not warranty covered.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:46 AM
CD1
Originally Posted by fez2010
I am suprised by the amount of complaning about the 2010s I have a xlt 4.3 3v 4/4 25000 miles and have never had a problem with it the average fule milage is 21 not a single leek drip bang clunk ect.. What are people doing with there trucks?

Dude you can't seriously think that because your truck hasn't had any problems that anyone who does must be "doing something" with their truck.

I baby my truck and I've had a rattling, leaking back window, AND I get the same transmission deal as the OP on occasion.

I'm really starting to appreciate the fact that I bought an extended warranty to get me to 100k.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Fez, no one is going to believe 21 mpg either!

Old 03-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Build Tracking Moderator
Originally Posted by J T Ford
Fez, no one is going to believe 21 mpg either!
I can see somebody with a light foot, doing mostly highway driving getting 21 mpg . I was able to get 19.4 average on the 2010 5.4 4X4 3.55 i had.

Last edited by SETCHAN; 03-01-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:33 PM
So I just got a call from Ford stating that the tech so far checked out the tranny and said it was seeping and part #6L2Z7G276AA is needing to be replaced. But unfortunately they don't have the part and they may receive it sometime in April? The "tech" said the truck is perfectly fine to drive in the mean time?

I don't feel comfortable driving the truck with it "seeping". What should I do?
I had the same thing done to my transmission, TSB-11-3-25 the part you listed is on my invoice. They told me not to drive it and gave me a rental. My truck was in the shop for about 2 - 3 weeks. The service manager told me, the part was on back order and that's why the wait was so long. By the way I have an 09' w/26K on it.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:16 PM
3.55 with 17" the only mod is syn fluid in the axles and oil.If you drive between an old fart and a jack rabit it does realy good and don't believe the mpg's the computor gives you check it old school use a calculator

Quick Reply: 2010 Issues (not good)