2009 - 2014 F-150

Noise question

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 10:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noise question

On a bumpy turn with the fan(AC or heat) on I get a noise like the truck is bottoming out. Think it is the blower fan but not sure. these are by no means anything bigger than a speed bump. Anyone else get this noise?

Old 06-15-2010, 10:25 AM
Technical Article Contributor

I have been having noises from the front end for some time now myself. I have taken it to the dealer and even had them drive with me and had they hear the noise for themselves, but when they drive it they can't seem to make the noise happen. So they say we can't fix what we can't make happen. So frustrating. My noise is a pinging sound sometimes, sounds like a suspension noise. Like you the bumps are small. It even happens when I am backing out of a parking spot and happen to go over a small curb about 2 or 3 inches high, it will make the noise when it drops off the curb, and I am in no means going fast at that time.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:36 AM
Roger. Sounds like the truck is bottoming out. Think a fan blade is causing it. Who knows.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:47 AM
I've noticed the odd pinging noise when turning too. I'm thinking that its the step bars making a creaking/snapping sound every so often. I also find the exhaust system will sometimes make a pinging sound due to metal expanding/contracting. I've also had the tires pick up a rock and throw it under the truck when turning, sometimes hitting the step bars. Could be many causes I suppose.

Quick Reply: Noise question