2009 - 2014 F-150

Full Race

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Full Race

So I was in Phoenix this week and decided to pop in at Full Race's shop to check things out.

I have been working with Jeremy there on trying to come up with a Fox/Icon setup that I am going to like (trying to max out the Fox 2.5 Remote Reservoirs with Icon UCAs set at 2.5-inch lift but retain a decent ride....apparently a tall order even though the shocks are height adjustable). I am also seriously considering their intercooler upgrade kit and cat-back exhasut system.

http://www.full-race.com/store/ecoboost/

Jeremy has been great as he has been very responsive to all my questions (even my dumb ones) and responded to every single email (another first as some vendors don't even respond to your first email all unless your investing a ton and going to have their name plastered all over your truck...but not naming names...lol). Anyway, Jeremy took me through their entire shop and I got to see the fabled "Freak-O-Boost" truck too. Full Race is working on a new turbo for that truck so will be exciting to see what they come up with.

They also had a couple of other F150 projects going on, as well as some turbo upgrades on some sport cars. They are also working on their next SEMA build.

Anyway, I am close to making a decision on what I might be doing with FR. If I do decide to go with them, then I will be driving down to Phoenix and turn my truck over to them for 2-3 days and have fun on driving back to Albuquerque. In the meantime, still waiting on my ADD bumper. Good stuff!

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 08-24-2013 at 12:39 AM.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:04 AM

Must have missed your decision to go with an ADD bumper, awesome!

Sounds like you're maybe gonna get a bit crazy with this truck, so hopefully you'll keep in for a while :wink:

I'll definitely be staying tuned for what you decide to go with

Old 08-24-2013, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by KMAC0694
Must have missed your decision to go with an ADD bumper, awesome!

Sounds like you're maybe gonna get a bit crazy with this truck, so hopefully you'll keep in for a while :wink:

I'll definitely be staying tuned for what you decide to go with
Hey KMAC....yeah, I decided I am going to keep this one for at least a couple of years as I want to wait a year or so after the 2015 model comes out. Also waiting to see what develops for the new Raptor.

So in the meantime, I thought I would have some fun. My EcoBoost is performing very well for me (better than the first year version I had) so thinking about some performance upgrades. But still on the fence about adding more power since my truck isn't quite a year old yet with 8600 miles.

The bumper should be arriving in another 3 weeks or so. By that time I should have decided upon my suspension build. I am really liking the idea of building it with more a tad more lift and attitude but also getting more off road and street performance over the usual full suspension lifts.

Getting my Snugtop XTR topper painted to match, and will probably paint-to-match some of the bumper panels to integrate it more with the color scheme of the truck. Also playing around with idea of retaining the factory FX wheels as I really like how they look versus aftermarket but we'll see.

Now I am stressing over which tires I want...lol. I am getting 34-35 inch tall tires to go with the new system in order to get the stance/look I want. I really love the MT look, but my current 33-inch Durtracs have spoiled me with their combination of providing aggressive good looks with very good street performance and decent off road ability, but their 35-inch size are just too wide.

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 08-24-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 01:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've been keeping an eye on what they have been doing with the EB platform and have been really impressed with their results. I'm torn on want to do with the truck. Part of me wants to start modding it and make a lot more power. The other side says to just keep it stock and dump the money into making the Audi faster. I know the Audi will be a lot faster than the truck will be given it weighs 2,500 pounds less and the motor in it can handle lots of boost. But there's just something about having a truck with "that little sissy V6" that can blow away almost anything on the road.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Wookie
I've been keeping an eye on what they have been doing with the EB platform and have been really impressed with their results. I'm torn on want to do with the truck. Part of me wants to start modding it and make a lot more power. The other side says to just keep it stock and dump the money into making the Audi faster. I know the Audi will be a lot faster than the truck will be given it weighs 2,500 pounds less and the motor in it can handle lots of boost. But there's just something about having a truck with "that little sissy V6" that can blow away almost anything on the road.
Yeah, I sure understand that sentiment....lol. I am also wanting to save for another muscle car project but then I get to thinking about how much fun modding the truck is and can't help but want to spend money on it.

I don't condone racing the truck (unless at a race truck) but I would be lying if I say I don't have a tad of fun with it every now and then. Just today I had someone next to me in a previous gen Mustang who decided to show off. He took off from the light like he had no worries about anyone around him, but all of a sudden this F150 was right there beside him. I just spooled it enough to catch up to him without actually racing him, but the expression on his face when he looked over was priceless. I quickly turned off as to not give him any ideas (and the fact he would toast me anyway...lol), but it is cool knowing our trucks can do that and have even more potential. Once I am all done, I really look forward to using all that power and suspension upgrades to have some serious off road fun!

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 08-24-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old, loud GM junk is my personal favorite to mess with. It seems every mullet sportin', Skoal bandit chewin', sister screwin' redneck around here thinks louder is faster. There's a lot of fun to be had in a whisper quiet Ford that will beat them to the merge point every time.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:52 PM

Old, loud GM junk is my personal favorite to mess with. It seems every mullet sportin', Skoal bandit chewin', sister screwin' redneck around here thinks louder is faster. There's a lot of fun to be had in a whisper quiet Ford that will beat them to the merge point every time.
hehe....you just described my teen years

Old 08-24-2013, 06:27 PM

But louder IS faster . . . My long tubes say so! And they never lie

I did remember that you wanted to wait a bit after the 2015's came out, and that you planned on maybe keeping this one. But with you, I can't take that too seriously! but now there's action to back it up!

How wide of a tire are you wanting? 275-295 or so? I think adding a relatively conservative amount of power will be fine, simply because you only need it to stay in one piece for about 3 more years

Old 08-24-2013, 06:38 PM
all that - the sister screwing and you just told my brother in laws life story: wave:

Old 08-24-2013, 07:15 PM

But louder IS faster . . . My long tubes say so! And they never lie

I did remember that you wanted to wait a bit after the 2015's came out, and that you planned on maybe keeping this one. But with you, I can't take that too seriously! but now there's action to back it up!

How wide of a tire are you wanting? 275-295 or so? I think adding a relatively conservative amount of power will be fine, simply because you only need it to stay in one piece for about 3 more years

lol...yes, louder is always faster!

Yeah, I am serious this time about keeping my truck for a while!

Actually, I am keeping the truck for a bit as I know I'll want the new F150s especially once the new packages start coming out. But too long of a wait for me without modding my current truck.

I am thinking about a 295/60R20 or 285/65R20 that will keep me in the 34-35 inch tall range but no wider than around 12 inches.

Nitto Trail Grapplers have the size I want and look great, but not sure I want to go back to that tire after two tries (they are heavy and noisy after a bit, at least with my previous setups). Also, seems like everyone is running the Nittos these days along with the Toyos. I thought about trying out the new Richard (lol) Cepek Fun Country (not to be confused with the FC II) as they remind me of my Duratracs in that they almost look like a MT.

I think they might make for a better street tire than the MTs but still let me have good off road performance, but have not been able to find out a lot about them compared to other tires. Also thinking about the Toyo AT IIs as a lot of folks really like them and that is what FR used on their Freak-O-Boost build, but they just don't look as aggressive as I like.

I am also looking at no more than +18mm offset wheel or so as I do not like the tires sticking too far out past the fenders as much as I used too. Having said that, I think I would be good with a 0mm offset wheel if I included some fender flares. But my initial thought is to keep things a bit tighter and so thinking about my FX wheels with some same-bolt pattern wheel adapters in order to push out out a bit and clear the Icon or Camburg UCAs and get a slightly more aggressive look.

Last edited by Desert Dawg; 09-06-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:49 AM

I share your thought on those FX wheels looking great, especially for an OEM wheel. Ford did good on 'em. I've never seen those DC tires until now, so you may have to wait a bit for some reviews on how they do on and off road. They sure look good though, and I can see why they remind you of the Duratracs.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:12 PM

I share your thought on those FX wheels looking great, especially for an OEM wheel. Ford did good on 'em. I've never seen those DC tires until now, so you may have to wait a bit for some reviews on how they do on and off road. They sure look good though, and I can see why they remind you of the Duratracs.
Yeah, I have do more research on those. Desert Rat Offroad has been pushing them and they look good in person, so might be a good compromise between having a daily driver tire and a weekend fun tire. It comes in the perfect size for my planned setup; 34.7 inches tall and right about 12 inches wide on the factory wheels if I go that route.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:21 AM
ADD, FR... I like where your head is at there DD. All things I have been putting money aside for. Albeit, slowly as it seems my 1 year old absorbs most of my free change lol.

In regards to the AT2's. we're you aware they make an extreme version? They have a little more aggressive look than the normal AT2s. I thought the freak o boost had the non extremes.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by HM8404
ADD, FR... I like where your head is at there DD. All things I have been putting money aside for. Albeit, slowly as it seems my 1 year old absorbs most of my free change lol.

In regards to the AT2's. we're you aware they make an extreme version? They have a little more aggressive look than the normal AT2s. I thought the freak o boost had the non extremes.
Thanks. Yeah, this stuff sure isn't cheap but hopefully all worth it if I do it right!

You are right; the Freak-O-Boost uses the regular AT IIs which was the one thing that looked sort of disappointing to me on that build. Those Toyo AT II Extremes look much better and also look like they will perform well on the street. But with the new ADD bumper, I am not sure they are still aggressive enough as the bumper will give the truck a more aggressive off road look and expose a lot more of the front tire tread.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:27 PM
Which ADD bumper did you pick?

Quick Reply: Full Race