2009 - 2014 F-150

No word on 6.2L

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 11:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tbird69
There have been many times when I've been pulling my 6K lb camper that it would have been nice to have even 50 more ponies to make a merge on the highway MUCH easier and safer. I hope that's been fixed on the '09's.

I hope that everone get what they want in the new truck. Oh I see that you have the dodge and ford at the bottom of your page. And I have to say i'm with you in that if ford does not have what I want then I'm going to go with a dodge.

Old 01-13-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by 4xford1
I hope that everone get what they want in the new truck. Oh I see that you have the dodge and ford at the bottom of your page. And I have to say i'm with you in that if ford does not have what I want then I'm going to go with a dodge.
The Ford is already out for me. I was hoping they would put Auto 4 in, the Expy has has it for years but Ford just won't put it in the trucks. It's a nice feature to have in the winter. I'm also not liking all the gimmicky buttons for the HVAC and sound/Nav systems. Forget about putting something aftermarket in without destroying the dash.

Old 01-13-2008, 12:03 PM
The Ford is already out for me. I was hoping they would put Auto 4 in, the Expy has has it for years but Ford just won't put it in the trucks. It's a nice feature to have in the winter. I'm also not liking all the gimmicky buttons for the HVAC and sound/Nav systems. Forget about putting something aftermarket in without destroying the dash.

Yeah I dont think ford should have put all these bells and whistles on a truck. And yes there is no way to put in a aftermarket stereo.

Old 01-13-2008, 12:08 PM
Graphics Contributor
Yeah I dont think ford should have put all these bells and whistles on a truck. And yes there is no way to put in a aftermarket stereo.
look at the platinum radio. its an 8" screen, you could easily put something in the spot of that, it just may not look so pretty

Old 01-13-2008, 12:21 PM
do some of you guys even attempt to look for answers before you put foot in mouth?

the availability of the 6.2L for 2010 is clearly spelled out in the press release, which is linked in one of the threads in this forum...not to mention, as others mentioned, it's been common knowledge that the new engines wouldn't immediately be available in 2009

life must be hard for some people

Old 01-13-2008, 12:45 PM
yes the sales of the f150 are down but for reasons other than more HP. #1 fuel economy (caused by high fuel prices) #2 compitition from new compitition like nissan and toyota. (I actually have been looking at new Toyota) I too am disipointed in the fact no auto 4X4. I am actually glad I will not be selling my 04 any time soon as I am still undecided. I like the drivetrane of the toyota tundra better but not the rest of the truck. I have read some on this eco boost and it sounds promiseing. it will be on the V8s as there will be no more V6's. it is supposed to increase HP as well as gas mileage. I look foreword to seeing when these come out. I suspect they will be getting some some much better HP out of the 5.4 as well as better gas milage which sounds vary promiseing to me. we will have to see. I just hope ford dose not wait too long before adding the auto 4X4 with traction control and other drivetrane improvments. Ford needs to keep up with the compitition.

Old 01-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by ()smoke()
do some of you guys even attempt to look for answers before you put foot in mouth?

the availability of the 6.2L for 2010 is clearly spelled out in the press release, which is linked in one of the threads in this forum...not to mention, as others mentioned, it's been common knowledge that the new engines wouldn't immediately be available in 2009

Exactly. And some of ya'll are the biggest crybabies ever. If you seriously want a Damn Old Dirty Gas Eater, be my guest. Damn Old Dirty Gas Eater used the 2004 Ford for their benchmark. Now that they finally caught up, Ford has set a new benchmark.

Old 01-13-2008, 01:06 PM
Graphics Contributor
Originally Posted by Rambo
Exactly. And some of ya'll are the biggest crybabies ever. If you seriously want a Damn Old Dirty Gas Eater, be my guest. Damn Old Dirty Gas Eater used the 2004 Ford for their benchmark. Now that they finally caught up, Ford has set a new benchmark.

nice post man, nice post

Old 01-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Who set the benchmark in the middle '90's? Dodge when they came up with the "big rig" styling for the Ram. That drew everyone's attention to the "lowly" pickup truck. That changed everybody's perception of what a truck was and what it could be. If it wasn't for that we wouldn't be paying $50-$60K for a truck now loaded with all that technology you guys are so happy to see. Trucks would still be $20K work models with vinyl bench seats and rubber floor mats.

Old 01-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by Wookie
Because in some peoples mind horsepower equates to ***** length. From what I have observed on this board ones lust for horsepower is often inversely proportional to intelligence. Since members ages are not shown I can only guess about that part. However, I would surmise that the more someone whines about only having 300Hp the more likely they are under the age of 25.

funny. i agree.........but i am 24.

Old 01-13-2008, 01:26 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You sure about that?

Old 01-13-2008, 01:28 PM
Well let me say that i'm 43 years old and I have no problem with ''***** length''!! I just want HP plan and simple!! Now if your truck does everthing you want then good for you, but there are ALOT of people that want more HP so get over it!!

"***** length" its not what you do with your hp....its how you use it.

dont get mad im just playin around a bit.

Old 01-13-2008, 01:29 PM
Graphics Contributor
Originally Posted by Wookie
Because in some peoples mind horsepower equates to ***** length. From what I have observed on this board ones lust for horsepower is often inversely proportional to intelligence. Since members ages are not shown I can only guess about that part. However, I would surmise that the more someone whines about only having 300Hp the more likely they are under the age of 25.

no kiddin man. Go over to a tundra site and all you hear them brag about is HP. The new tundra is creating an all new type of pickup buyer/scene, and they think more HP = better truck. if toyota never came out with the 380 hp truck the big 3 would probably still be competing in the 350 range and think that's perfectly fine.

Old 01-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Who set the benchmark in the middle '90's? Dodge when they came up with the "big rig" styling for the Ram. That drew everyone's attention to the "lowly" pickup truck.

In the mid 90's Dodge had to come up with something because the Ram was woefully out of date, and far behind the competition. I don't think it had a single selling point over Ford & GM. It had worse fuel economy, worse payload, worse style, worse ride, worse everything.

Old 01-13-2008, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by ()smoke()

Where? Please spell it out for us dumb azz'z out here? Post that line in the press release....

Here is a Quote from Det news today: "customers can choose from the 4.6-liter and 5.4-liter V-8s. A diesel engine and Ford's EcoBoost direct injection turbocharged V-6 will be available in 2010. "
Hmmm, sure no 6.2L in that line? What scares us is that its just like Ford (of the last 20 years) to come out with oh lets say 315-325 hp and then say thats good enough.

And I don't think Toyota really pushed the HP. GM had the 367Hp 6.0L out at the same time, and the 400 hp Denali was ready by then too. And you knew when Dodge was leapfrogged by GM they would respond in kind.

It may be common knowledge that Igor and Dearborn Derek say were getting a 6.2L come Feb 09, but I'd feel a whole lot better if that was confirmed in some capacity ... No offense Igor or DD as I love your posts.

Last edited by Power Kid; 01-13-2008 at 01:57 PM.

Quick Reply: No word on 6.2L