2009 - 2014 F-150

New colors for 09

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure details like color will be finalized at a later date. Let's hope they stay away from that gosh-awful teal color they had at the 1997 launch. BLEH!

No rush on the final colors. Let them concentrate on trying to figure out what the HP numbers are first, they seem to be having an incredibly difficult time with that area.

Did you notice they said they would not allow two-tone on the Platinum version. Wonder why?

I had two-tone on my '98 (Dark Toreador Red w/Silver Frost), loved it. Currently have monotone Arizona Beige (wasn't available with two-tone on Lariat).

I'd also love to see the Platinum in all colors from the back to see how the tailgate looks with the Plat trim piece. It may not look good with some colors, I don't know. But I can wait, right now I just want specific numbers on the 5.4, and MPG numbers for it, and how it drives w/6-speed compared to the current 5.4 w/4-speed.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Graphics Contributor
that yellow one sure should be interesting in person. Looks like puke on the site. I kinda liked the one they put on the 2004 FX4s tho..

Old 01-23-2008, 07:53 PM
We built two "white" (more like tri white) Platinums today. I will say the platinum grill looks a lot better in person, the pictures truly suck.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by DearbornDerek
We built two "white" (more like tri white) Platinums today. I will say the platinum grill looks a lot better in person, the pictures truly suck.
Derek, have you noticed an obvious noise difference in the Plat compared to the other models due to the extra noise dampening on the windshield of the Plat version? Not sure if the Plat has other areas with more noise dampening than the others as well, or if it's just the windshield?

Old 01-27-2008, 12:58 AM
While we are on the subject of paint, perhaps someone could explain the biggest mystery of all.

You all know what it's like to get a chip in your paint. It sucks, now you have a white chip that sticks out in your nice paint job.

So then you think, so buy a WHITE truck so if it gets chipped, you won't even notice it unless really looking for it up close. WRONG. When you chip white paint, the damn chip is black underneath! What gives?!?!

They purposely do that so you keep buying new vehicles or going to maaco or something? I've never understood why that is.

The mention of maaco deserves the use of the never-ever-used bandito face. Hehehe!

Old 01-27-2008, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by CometFlash
While we are on the subject of paint, perhaps someone could explain the biggest mystery of all.

You all know what it's like to get a chip in your paint. It sucks, now you have a white chip that sticks out in your nice paint job.

So then you think, so buy a WHITE truck so if it gets chipped, you won't even notice it unless really looking for it up close. WRONG. When you chip white paint, the damn chip is black underneath! What gives?!?!

They purposely do that so you keep buying new vehicles or going to maaco or something? I've never understood why that is.

The mention of maaco deserves the use of the never-ever-used bandito face. Hehehe!
I have to jump on this band wagon. I can not believe the chips in white are black. that is just wrong. and what is it with the thin paint job. paint chips are so easy to get with such a thin paint job. I owned alot of older rigs before getting my 04. the older vehicles of the 60's and 70's had a much thicker paint job. paint chips were not so common. and why don't they use a similar color primer. I am actually shocked to hear they use a black primer under the white and white under the rest of the colors. it just looks like crap when you get a chip in this ultra thin paint. I actually had 3 defects on the rear paunt of my truck and got the rear bed of my truck painted under warranty. the dealership used a local paint shop and I sware I got a better paint job on the rear of my truck than what came from the factory. on the factory paint Job you can see little dimples in the paint if you look closely or at an angle. The paint shop paint did not have this. and I am betting it is thicker but am not sure on this. I hate to say this but I am beginning to think Maaco would put a better paint job on than ford. that is sad.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:47 AM

They use black under white because it makes it "pop" better, spraying white over white would make the paint just "lay" there with no real depth to it.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Cool Oxford White

Question: Who likes the color Oxford White on the F-150? I do, but it appears that Ford may not offer it on the 2009 MY (P415). If you like the color. Please send a note to:
crcfmc@ford.com
and let them know how you feel. To me, not to offer Oxford White would be a grave mistake.

Thanks for your help!

Old 02-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by jdrozdow
Question: Who likes the color Oxford White on the F-150? I do, but it appears that Ford may not offer it on the 2009 MY (P415). If you like the color. Please send a note to:
crcfmc@ford.com
and let them know how you feel. To me, not to offer Oxford White would be a grave mistake.

Thanks for your help!
My Lincoln Aviator is Tri-coat white metallic. I paid extra for it when I ordered it. I have to believe that the Platinum will have a few premium color options that are an upcharge. Regular white, not so much... likely silver, although I bet black would look great... Black is just so hard to keep up and man it gets hot down here in south Louisiana.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Is the tri-white a nice bright white, or is it one of those crappy off-white or yellow-hued white's?

Old 02-02-2008, 01:12 AM
Is the tri-white a nice bright white, or is it one of those crappy off-white or yellow-hued white's?
It's a rich white.... it's not eggshell or anything like that. It's white, but it's a three stop process and there is metallic in it. Tri-coat White metallic is the name.

I dont want to say there's glitter in it, but that's what it looks like... hence the name metallic.

It was either 400 or 600 extra when I ordered it.

Old 02-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
They will offer a no frills non-metallic white for at least the XL's, you would have to be a fool to believe otherwise

Old 02-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by bluegreenf150
There's got to be more colors than that. They just haven't put them all on the site yet.

Yep, I cant imagine they wouldnt have a better Grey color...

Quick Reply: New colors for 09