2009 - 2014 F-150

Not completely impressed

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SMIGGS
Am I alone here when I think that Ford should have left the exterior of the truck ( yes even the frame ) and should have solely concentrated on getting the drivetrain all of us want out to us. ( aka diesel not coming out till 2010 ).
No your not alone, The front may look good with a after market grill but rear

Those aren't truck taillights, plus looks like the engineers got Putco gift cards.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE=
Those aren't truck taillights, plus looks like the engineers got Putco gift cards.[/QUOTE]

Taillights look like they were borrowed from a Japanese minivan. yuk!

Old 01-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Am I alone here when I think that Ford should have left the exterior of the truck ( yes even the frame ) and should have solely concentrated on getting the drivetrain all of us want out to us. ( aka diesel not coming out till 2010 ).

Dump the 4.6 altogether ( not bashing the 4.6 ) Make the 5.4 with +350 hp and +400 tq. ( aka, pull the supercharger off the GT500 and retune for the trucks and voila! We have a winner!)
Get the 6.2 and diesel to us in 09 with the 6 speeds. Plus has anyone heard about any fuel saving technology going on the gassers? It is or it's going to be a big selling point in the very near future.

To me Ford has given me this " don't p**s in my ear and tell me it's raining " analogy. They tell us it is redesign, and yet besides the front grill and some more buttons in the interior, what is so new about it?
I seriously think it went something like this:

We aren't healthy financially, as a matter of fact we are hurting bad, but yet we have to make some kind of investment to stay at pace in the truck world. So what are the blaring these we have to address first?

1) transmission, get a 6 speed auto

2) add the electronic gadgets all the the other manufacturers have had for years...

3) refresh the exterior sheet metal a tad to make it seem like a bigger redesign than it really is......

The more I see the new 09 and read about it the more I equate it to 1 WORD AND 1 WORD ONLY..

STOPGAP

Old 01-17-2008, 10:20 AM
Im not impressed by the changes, but Im still impressed by the truck.

I love the body style of the 04-08's, and still not a huge fan of the '09s, but Theyre so far ahead of any other truck its still awesome

Old 01-17-2008, 07:59 PM

Dump the 4.6 altogether ( not bashing the 4.6 ) Make the 5.4 with +350 hp and +400 tq. ( aka, pull the supercharger off the GT500 and retune for the trucks and voila! We have a winner!)
Get the 6.2 and diesel to us in 09 with the 6 speeds. Plus has anyone heard about any fuel saving technology going on the gassers? It is or it's going to be a big selling point in the very near future.

To me Ford has given me this " don't p**s in my ear and tell me it's raining " analogy. They tell us it is redesign, and yet besides the front grill and some more buttons in the interior, what is so new about it?

Damn I am tired of you guys all asking for a dang diesel. Want a diesel buy a F250 imho. Next up whah whah whah I want a full hybrid truck.....

Old 01-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by inurok
Damn I am tired of you guys all asking for a dang diesel. Want a diesel buy a F250 imho. Next up whah whah whah I want a full hybrid truck.....
We are not asking for a diesel, we have one, it's just it's not going to release until 2010.

I don't want a diesel simpleton, I want what Ford has been bragin' up in the way of drivetrain options on the 09.

Quick Reply: Not completely impressed