2009 - 2014 F-150

Big Letdown

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 07:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guess we'll have to wait and see what ford has to say about HP on the 5.4....But I dont think it's going to be very good news.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by 4xford1
Guess we'll have to wait and see what ford has to say about HP on the 5.4....But I don't think it's going to be very good news.
Although I am also one of the ones not thrilled with the fact the new trucks aren't coming out with a 6.2L right off the bat. People are fussing about the engines way to much...

First off we know a few things. The 4.6 3v is an Easily capable 300hp engine. Been that way for years now....

The 5.4 3v can make the power. Their have been a lot of rumors floating around how their are some current 5.4 3v trucks at ford producing more then 400hp n/a. Hell we have seen bolt on 5.4 3v trucks do 280-290rwhp.. Which with our drive train loss is close to 400hp at the flywheel.. That's not even touching the heads, cams, intakes, bumping compression, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new 5.4 3v is producing 350-380hp. I sure as hell don't see it making "310hp" if the 4.6 3v can make that without even working hard.

350-380hp 5.4 3v coupled with the new 6spd tranny, and 4.10 gears will put the new F-150 right up there with competition for the first year. When the 6.2L and diesel comes out, Ford I imagine will be neck and neck if not ahead of the other manufactures.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by ManualF150
Just like how Ford doesn't listen to the minority... the stick shift drivers of America...

I mean come on Ford... bend the rules a little bit.. it's America... offer a stick shift!
You crack me up Manuel. (I thought you were hispanic for the longest time, until I figured out it was Manual, like not automatic.) Ford dropped the manual, so it's time to let it go. if having a stick means that much to you, then maybe you need to start looking at other brands. I'm not trying to be mean...I just hate to see you waste all this time and energy for something that's not going to happen.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD
Although I am also one of the ones not thrilled with the fact the new trucks aren't coming out with a 6.2L right off the bat. People are fussing about the engines way to much...

First off we know a few things. The 4.6 3v is an Easily capable 300hp engine. Been that way for years now....

The 5.4 3v can make the power. Their have been a lot of rumors floating around how their are some current 5.4 3v trucks at ford producing more then 400hp n/a. Hell we have seen bolt on 5.4 3v trucks do 280-290rwhp.. Which with our drive train loss is close to 400hp at the flywheel.. That's not even touching the heads, cams, intakes, bumping compression, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new 5.4 3v is producing 350-380hp. I sure as hell don't see it making "310hp" if the 4.6 3v can make that without even working hard.

350-380hp 5.4 3v coupled with the new 6spd tranny, and 4.10 gears will put the new F-150 right up there with competition for the first year. When the 6.2L and diesel comes out, Ford I imagine will be neck and neck if not ahead of the other manufactures.
True! The biggest thing that makes these trucks so slow from the factory is the gearing and transmission shift points. Simply changing the transmission shift points does more for these trucks than any other bolt-on mod. They are geared to be trucks with shift points to match. 99% of F150 owners use their trucks as trucks. They don't care about how fast the truck gets to 60 MPH. The people on this site need to realize that they are not the standard F150 owners...and Ford caters to the masses, not a few whiny little kids on an internet message board.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:49 AM
Technical Article Contributor
Contributor
Received 260 Likes on 251 Posts
I think the 6.2l v8 by Ford is going to N/S.... or Naturally Slow....

Old 01-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
and Ford caters to the masses, not a few whiny little kids on an internet message board.
That's gonna leave a mark......

Old 01-15-2008, 10:58 AM
Contributor
and Ford caters to the masses, not a few whiny little kids on an internet message board.

Good... because I haven't seen so much whining on here in a long time over how a stupid truck looks. So we are all little kids.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:14 AM

Good... because I haven't seen so much whining on here in a long time over how a stupid truck looks. So we are all little kids.
Eh, you know what I mean. Anyway, the new truck looks great. Most people will agree. It's going to sell like hotcakes and I am glad that Ford made such an excellent mid-cycle refresh. It took 8 years for Ford to make a completely new truck (from 96-04) and I suspect that the next completely new truck will come in 2013. Like it has been said before, when you are doing something right, why should you completely scrap it and start all over again. The 96-04 F150 was a huge success. The 04-08 F150 is a huge success. The 09-whatever F150 is going to be a huge success. If you don't like it, there are five other full size half ton pickups to choose from. That's Ram, Silverado, Sierra, Titan, and Tundra. Go drive them then talk to us when you come back to Ford because the F150 is still the best.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Contributor
Eh, you know what I mean. Anyway, the new truck looks great. Most people will agree. It's going to sell like hotcakes and I am glad that Ford made such an excellent mid-cycle refresh. It took 8 years for Ford to make a completely new truck (from 96-04) and I suspect that the next completely new truck will come in 2013. Like it has been said before, when you are doing something right, why should you completely scrap it and start all over again. The 96-04 F150 was a huge success. The 04-08 F150 is a huge success. The 09-whatever F150 is going to be a huge success. If you don't like it, there are five other full size half ton pickups to choose from. That's Ram, Silverado, Sierra, Titan, and Tundra. Go drive them then talk to us when you come back to Ford because the F150 is still the best.
I like you.

I might like I'm a tyrannical (sp?) type of person... but when it comes to the draw... I'd drive a Ford any day of the week.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:23 AM
I like you.

I might like I'm a tyrannical (sp?) type of person... but when it comes to the draw... I'd drive a Ford any day of the week.
If we lived a little closer, we could go out and run over small imports then laugh about it over a few !

Old 01-15-2008, 11:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You crack me up Manuel. (I thought you were hispanic for the longest time, until I figured out it was Manual, like not automatic.) Ford dropped the manual, so it's time to let it go. if having a stick means that much to you, then maybe you need to start looking at other brands. I'm not trying to be mean...I just hate to see you waste all this time and energy for something that's not going to happen.
Dont they still offer a stick shift in the work truck?

Old 01-15-2008, 11:27 AM
While I can admire your optimism, saying it's going to sell like hotcakes is just an assumption.

It's hilarious how some people here get so butt hurt when someone ( who in the majority of cases if a Ford owner ) doesn't like the "second coming" of the F150. Plus how people were posting that Ford will match the hp of the competition in the 5.4 and now that they haven't, it doesn't matter because you don't need that much hp and it's tq that is needed. True, but Ford is still behind in that department also.

I'm reserving my opinion on the 6.2 until we actually get confirmation when it's coming out. I hope it's a damn good engine, because Ford is gonna need it to compete.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by JasonFX4
Dont they still offer a stick shift in the work truck?
Nope, I don't think so. I believe that the manual option has been eliminated.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:19 PM
Just like how Ford doesn't listen to the minority... the stick shift drivers of America...

I mean come on Ford... bend the rules a little bit.. it's America... offer a stick shift!
I must agree. At least make the stick an option. I bet they will continue to list the auto as an option and charge 1200 for it, even though it is now standard. At least you can still get a stick in a super duty for now.

I don't think they dropped it for emissions like Patman03SprCrw said. It just doesn't make since considering stick shifts get 1 to 2 mpg better than an auto. It probably was the lack of interests, IMO. Think about, the baby boomers, like my parents, have driven sticks most of there lives and are sick of it. And most of us stick people are to young to afford a $35,000+ truck, so our voices are never heard. As far as I know, GM has dropped it as well, at least in their v8 packages.

Quick Reply: Big Letdown