2009 - 2014 F-150

Over/under on 2009 recalls?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 03:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cajun_Mike
Many of you know the history of the F-150 each time there has been a redesign. What is the over/under on recalls for the first year of the new design?

Second question: Based on past history, would you advise waiting until 2010 for all the bugs to get worked out or are the bugs typically minor?
IMO, Ford has been shooting from the hip since 2003, not only with the F150 but also the Superduty. I not going to elaborate on these changes and issues b/c I'm sure many of you here already know. To answer question number 2, I personally, wouldn't advise anybody to buy new right now. The fight b/n foreign and domestic is getting so bad that they are pushing just about anything to get the numbers. Numbers that is, not reliability. Some of these designs will turn as good but some are causing customers to be in dismay. For example to consider having to have the heads removed for a routine spark plug change out or better yet loosing an engine due to hydolock b/c of faulty injectors as MINOR, well that's underestimating a little.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its the same truck, no major changes.. i can't see there being any major issues that aren't aleady known about....

Quick Reply: Over/under on 2009 recalls?