2009 - 2014 F-150

Diesel or not?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 03:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chicago may be a surprise..

Originally Posted by Rambo
Diesel and EcoBoost gas turbo direct injection engines are planned for F-150 in 2010.

Source: http://ford.digitalsnippets.com/2008...r-performance/
http://www.autosavant.net/2008/01/ch...-150-news.html
"this news is supposedly of high importance to people using their F-150 for work. We should know more at the Chicago Auto Show in less than three weeks...Finally, we would all like to know more details on the upcoming 4.4l Diesel, the 6.2l BOSS, as well as the EcoBoost V6 engine, and the timeline of their introduction to the big truck platform.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:12 AM
I can tell you this, as one of ford's largest fleet buyers (of trucks) and being in meetings with ford this past few weeks I can say that per FORD ENGINEERS the 2009 will have a V-6 diesel. That is all I can say.

Old 01-26-2008, 02:16 PM
well we better have a deisel halfton this year, because dodge is claiming to have a cummins ready in 09 too. The first one out the gate will have a lot of sales.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by FireboltJoel03
What a crock of manure. Guess ill be looking for a used 7.3
The 7.3 hasn't been made in several years, has it?

Old 01-27-2008, 12:52 AM
I kbnow this is a diesal thread, but a comment on the EcoBoost engine(s). From what I hear and read, the EcoBoost engine option will cost more than the standard V8 engine option. So that says to me that even when the Eco's come out, Ford will continue to offer the standard V8 and V6 engines as options as well as more affordable alternatives.

They say the Eco will recoup your extra cost in about 2.5 years or so. I was considering waiting until 2010 to get an Eco until I read that. If you wait until 2010, get an Eco F150, by the time you are ready to get some savings out of the Eco after paying a higher price for it at purchase, it will already be time to start hearing rumors of the next redesign right around the corner. Back half of 2012 start to save, by 2013 or 2014 you'll have the next F150.

So as far as I see it, there's no point in getting an Eco now, you'll just be trading it in again as you've just started to save from the initial cost for the next next next F150. That makes things easier for me. No worrying about the Eco, won't really start to save much if any before the next 150 comes out.

Old 01-27-2008, 01:54 AM
Originally Posted by CometFlash
I kbnow this is a diesal thread, but a comment on the EcoBoost engine(s). From what I hear and read, the EcoBoost engine option will cost more than the standard V8 engine option. So that says to me that even when the Eco's come out, Ford will continue to offer the standard V8 and V6 engines as options as well as more affordable alternatives.

They say the Eco will recoup your extra cost in about 2.5 years or so. I was considering waiting until 2010 to get an Eco until I read that. If you wait until 2010, get an Eco F150, by the time you are ready to get some savings out of the Eco after paying a higher price for it at purchase, it will already be time to start hearing rumors of the next redesign right around the corner. Back half of 2012 start to save, by 2013 or 2014 you'll have the next F150.

So as far as I see it, there's no point in getting an Eco now, you'll just be trading it in again as you've just started to save from the initial cost for the next next next F150. That makes things easier for me. No worrying about the Eco, won't really start to save much if any before the next 150 comes out.
A 2.5 year ROI is not bad at all, and most people aren't going to trade in a truck before that, even if a new model does come out. A lot of us prefer to wait a year or so before purchasing a new design anyway, just to be safe.

Old 01-27-2008, 02:21 AM
Originally Posted by CometFlash

All that aside. Some governments, California especially might be willing to give away tax credits or other incentives for purchasing eco friendly vehicles. Notwithstanding the gas guzzler tax imposed on most new SUV's and full sized trucks in the state. An Eco friendly truck with a higher msrp may become cheaper than a gas-guzzler much sooner than estimated.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:03 AM
Originally Posted by OffRoad99
The 7.3 hasn't been made in several years, has it?
Nope, the begining of 2003 was the last time they were sold. If you're able to find a low mileage one though, I'd do it. Good solid engine.

Quick Reply: Diesel or not?