2009 - 2014 F-150

So... who'll buy the '09?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do like the '09s....I think they look great (other than the rear end and tail lights).

However, I told myself I was done trading in vehicles for new ones. I've got 0% financing on my current one and am planning on driving it for years. It does everything I'll ever ask it to do, and I've got it set up just the way I want it.

No new truck for me anytime in the forseeable future.

Old 01-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nope!

I plan on runnin my 2007 Screw till the wheels fall off.............

Old 01-17-2008, 04:29 PM
I really REALLY like the new truck. My 04 has been perfect so selling it is stupid financially but I might break down and buy it.

Platinum here I come.

Old 01-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by Smokewagun
Where do they draw the line with a 400hp truck that gets the same job done by one with 300hp? It sounds like you need to boast your truck has more horsepower - not me.
So says a guy from Illinois. I'd like to see you come to Colorado with an F150 and pull a light load of 6,000 lbs up Vail pass (over 10,600 ft at it's highest point with a 8% grade) and then tell me that another 100hp wouldn't help with getting through the mess of semi's and cars going 90mph on the two lane stretch of I-70.

Last edited by curio; 01-17-2008 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by Copenhagen848
I do like the '09s....I think they look great (other than the rear end and tail lights).

However, I told myself I was done trading in vehicles for new ones. I've got 0% financing on my current one and am planning on driving it for years. It does everything I'll ever ask it to do, and I've got it set up just the way I want it.

No new truck for me anytime in the forseeable future.
Similar to my situation... somewhat.

Just prior to X-mas, wife and I decided to pay of all our car notes.... great feeling!

I got the truck during the 2005 Ford employee discount period [traded in an '04 Goat] and got it about 11K below sticker with zilch financing. It's never let me down mechanically and, I'm old-school when it comes to this, but I've always believed that if a major mechanical/drivetrain issue hasn't risen it's ugly head by now, it most probably will not.... here's hoping.

But like I said in the opening post, that damn '09 is growing on me real bloody quick.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:46 PM
I hope to keep my '04 F-150 for another 4 years or so. At that point I will either buy my forth F-150 in a row or a Tundra.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:02 PM
When/if the 6.2L is available...

Old 01-17-2008, 07:52 PM
I have a roushcharger in my 2005 so I dont think I am trading anytime soon in spite of the 2009s looks

Old 01-17-2008, 08:46 PM

I'd Really Like one. That new FX4 is Sweet with the locking rear Diff and I'd like to try out that new Tranny.

Ok, back to reality. My trucks is Almost payed off and I plan to keep it until it starts having Major problems or something which I HOPE is a Very long time from now.

I really Like my Current truck!

Maybe I can talke the Wife into getting one....

Old 01-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Graphics Contributor
Smiggs,

I'm not sure what your intent was with your post. Great, you have one more to your tally. Sorry to say, it's not worth engaging with you, but I will. I had to look back to see if I pist in your porridge somewhere. Glancing at your past posts I see you are more of a potato (po-tay-toe) potato (po-tat-oh) kind of guy. That's fine to disagree. Glad you had all those facts lined up to set me straight.

For the record...

There are soooo many posts out there bashing the F-150 because it can't get out of it's own way hauling groceries or 11,000 pound on a trailer that I had to address the hp and tq ratings. NOT! The majority of the posts about the hp/tq numbers are "keeping up with the Jones" posts. This topic is just like current diesels and the hp/tq wars. Doesn't really seem like Ford is playing it now. What's the big deal? Well, I'll tell you grasshopper... years ago, diesels didn't have much problem pulling heavy loads. In fact, gassers didn't either. I think bitc!@#$ about them was probably less. You bought a truck to work then - money was tight. Now, every brothers mothers uncle has a truck to drive and pick up groceries. So, why else would every one belly-up to the bar to keep boosting the hp/tq numbers? Because the current trucks (or those of 15 years ago couldn't handle loads? I doubt it. Technology is better today, and we need more power why? Yeah, like I said... because that's what America wants. Is it just to say "I have it?" Where do they draw the line with a 400hp truck that gets the same job done by one with 300hp? It sounds like you need to boast your truck has more horsepower - not me. Although you'd disagree, I'd be the last one praising Ford over 400 hp, but I'll bet you'd be right there telling me "yeah, only 318 are making it to the rear wheels, though".

My reason for tweaking is for economy. Read my past post before you ride my azz. You'll see I tweaked my 2007 F-150, too. Whatever. Yeah, Troyer builds a mean tune, but again, I had it for economy. I'd rather the economy over the pants-bulging power, but that's me. Maybe your 15,000 miles a year don't mean much, but my 50-60k do. That's why I'd rather see dependable respectable power before returning me to the pump three times a week. I never said it was to race. I'm thinking you probably are real young if you think being first across the intersection is RACING.

Tons of stories about problems with trucks? I the scope of things, I disagree. In fact, I'll disagree with the 6.0L posts, too - especially when you put into perspective the amount of engines sold versus the problems seen. Again, I see you are more the pessimistic type, so all trucks have problems and are junk. I guess I got really lucky with my 2003, 2004, 2006, and my 2007 six liters.

Your precident response.... yeah, you are right. Kind of funny but I haven't heard "GM has been selling the best trucks for 30 years". I wonder what would happen if Ford had two companies of trucks (not including the Lincoln). I wonder what the numbers come out to if you combine ALL F-Series trucks - especially since the Superduty hasn't been around for 30 years like GM's 1500's, 2500's, and 3500's.

Your bandwagon comment... It's the bandwagon alright. Do a little research. Oh, my bad (as the youngins say) - I'll bet the Ford videos are all smoke and mirrors with the Tundra bed beating the snot out of the cab. That's right, though, nobody would ever use their truck like the testing grounds trucks get run. You go ahead and buy one. No, you first.("Feelings" music playing in the background).

As you say... "Not half-***ed but behind the competition is some aspects". Again, I say the sky is blue - you have to say it's wedgewood.

Yes, time will tell. Last time I checked, I didn't have a crystal ball. I doubt you do, either. I guess we have about seven months to wait. In the meantime, to the forum. You spoke your piece - I spoke mine. Opinions are like boogers - Everyvbody as them, it's just that some are stickier than others.

nice post.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by curio
So says a guy from Illinois. I'd like to see you come to Colorado with an F150 and pull a light load of 6,000 lbs up Vail pass (over 10,600 ft at it's highest point with a 8% grade) and then tell me that another 100hp wouldn't help with getting through the mess of semi's and cars going 90mph on the two lane stretch of I-70.

I'm sure if i came to Colorado, I wouldn't be the first guy to pull the scenario you depicted. I never said extra horsepower wasn't a good thing or it couldn't be used. I just basically said that this ever so common need to keep pushing the envelope to be the next top dog in hp & tq is pretty stupid when vehicles of yesteryear could do the same thing. I understand you point and agree extra is better in many situations, but it sounds like I should guess nobody ever went over Vail Pass before 2004, huh? If Vail is part of your someone's normal routine, I'm sure they'd be humpin a different rig - probably something not natutrally aspirated - probably a diesel. I'll bet, though, many gas 1/2 tons, and old Estate Wagons with V-8's have made the run... they just wouldn't want to make a habit of it. If you need it, fine, but getting the icecream home 10 seconds quicker 'aint a good reason.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Right now NO '09 for me....but I will consider a new truck once they release the new diesel or a drastically improved engine line.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:22 PM
I'd buy one in a heartbeat, That's a bad *** truck, But seeing how i just bought a 07' i'll just have too droll ever time i see one going down the road.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm sure if i came to Colorado, I wouldn't be the first guy to pull the scenario you depicted. I never said extra horsepower wasn't a good thing or it couldn't be used. I just basically said that this ever so common need to keep pushing the envelope to be the next top dog in hp & tq is pretty stupid when vehicles of yesteryear could do the same thing.
Well said.

I understand you point and agree extra is better in many situations, but it sounds like I should guess nobody ever went over Vail Pass before 2004, huh?
Don't be so obtuse, of course people have pulled loads over the pass with '04's - including myself. However, my F150 sure would do better with extra horsepower. You definitely do not deny this fact.

If Vail is part of your someone's normal routine, I'm sure they'd be humpin a different rig - probably something not natutrally aspirated - probably a diesel.
The diesels offered currently (like the 250's) are overkill for only 6,000 lbs, mainly in cost but also in performance considering that I do not pull more then that weight; and I don't plan on supercharging my truck for both cost and longevity reasons. Yet my current 5.4L is just short of having the right amount of umph to take the pass safely and comfortably. More horsepower would do the F150 right in my situation, which surely is a fact that you wouldn't deny.

'll bet, though, many gas 1/2 tons, and old Estate Wagons with V-8's have made the run... they just wouldn't want to make a habit of it. If you need it, fine, but getting the icecream home 10 seconds quicker 'aint a good reason.
I agree, getting icecream home quicker ain't a good reason. However, desiring for the ability to pull 6,000 lbs over Vail pass in a manner of being able to keep with the traffic of semi's and cars is not about worrying about being 'quicker' in the first place. Instead, it is about the desire to be 'safer' and 'more secure'.

This isn't something I expect you to understand since you run your truck over flat land at near sea level. In my situation, it would be nice to have more ability then I currently do to pull my 6,000 lbs without having to spend an extra 10 grand or more on a diesel 250, which is more expensive and is completely overkill for such a load in the first place - especially considering that my current F150 is so damn close (with a custom tune and other relatively inexpensive mods) to performing the task at hand.

What I'm asking for out of the next generation of engines from Ford isn't unreasonable, no matter how much you portray it to be so; nor does it mean that such a request is not necessary.

It's funny, you agree with the need for more power in such a situation, yet you ridicule the desire for more power at the same time.

Last edited by curio; 01-17-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:25 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by curio

If you have to deal with mountains in Colorado...WTF? Why did you not buy a 250?

Kinda like buying an Vette for haulin' cattle...

Next time...please THINK before pushing "submit reply..."

Quick Reply: So... who'll buy the '09?