2009 - 2014 F-150

F-150 or Chevy - Which Do You Like Better?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 10:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Number1ford
ur choosing Chevy over a ford?? lol goodluck even though the chevy might be a little bit faster, ur gonna sacrifice a lot of truck that the Ford offers to downgrade into a Chevy, but, each there own.

P.S...I guess time to relocate urself into the Chevy fourms now and replace ur sig with a chevy truck...I can almost here that piston slap already
Stop to consider that the majority of people that buy a truck don't use it as one, the Chevy more then fits the bill.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:18 PM
I've owned nothing but either trucks and they have been either Ford or GM. IMO, since 2004 Ford has made the best looking, most capable, sturdiest TRUCK out of all of them, even the foreigns. My experience with GM trucks is a toss up. I had an s10 that my buddy at work bought and still drives around(despite having some minor work done since I sold it to him). The other GM trucks, all full size, have been wallet busters, and I mean nickel, dime, buck, and credit card...... Ford trucks, so far, have been great. The ONLY problem I have with the newer Ford trucks(and I do vent some here) is the fact that Ford Engineers create great ideas fast but forget to actually test and prove them before sticking them in their line-up, esp since the truck market race has exploded. They pump out hundreds of thousands of vehicles with created ideas that have very detrimental flaws, most of which fall back on us the consumer years later with Ford sitting around whistling and looking at the sky. My next truck will be one made by a company that has shown that they can and will accept some responsibility should they create design flaws while attempting to jump ahead one on the competition, instead of continuing to mass produce these flaws as if tomorrow will never come. I hope Ford hasn't become this short sighted.

Last edited by tomclem; 01-18-2008 at 11:20 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:19 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by last5oh_302
is it just me or is that truck sitting perfectly level? i dont see any rake.

Originally Posted by risupercrewman
View the Updated 2008 Truth About Trucks on fordvehicles.com, I'll take my FORD any day over a cheaply made rattle box Chebby..........
x2. to think the current truck is already much higher quality, and now the bar is being raised even higher. excellent.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:34 AM
I love the new Ford, but the 09 Dodge and new Chevy/GMC trucks are'nt to bad at all. The battle for 1/2 ton truck supremacy continues and the consumer seems to be the victor with these manufacturers offering more and better options to attract and keep customers. Hell, I remember when I thought my dad's truck was the sh*t back in 1993 because it had a mobile phone in it. Now we have steps in our tailgates, storage containers built into truck beds, power side steps, entertainment systems with wireless headphones, on-star, sat. radio, navigation and the list goes on.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:42 AM
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
is it just me or is that truck sitting perfectly level? i dont see any rake.

x2. to think the current truck is already much higher quality, and now the bar is being raised even higher. excellent.

Well, you can see plenty of rake in the picture below, so who knows?

Old 01-19-2008, 01:47 AM
That chrome grill looks just plain awful in my opinion. It also appears to be one piece, so it will probably be expensive to change it. I guess that leaves either the FX4 or the STX for me.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by OffRoad99
That chrome grill looks just plain awful in my opinion. It also appears to be one piece, so it will probably be expensive to change it. I guess that leaves either the FX4 or the STX for me.
Perhaps, but I can't see myself getting PIA painted bumpers either, so the XLT it will have to be, in all likelyhood.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:08 PM
Suspended
Ford body, Chevy drive train ...

Old 01-19-2008, 06:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bluegreenf150
Chevy:

So does this model have the class exclusive drum brakes in the back? does it have the optional tailgate assist? and the optional tail gate lock? Does the proper hood alignment an added cost option? PALLLEEASSSE.. While it is yards better than the last version of gm (God's mistake) trucks, it is still seriously lacking. Pushrods and all. Ford all the way. The inovators and leaders of trucks. For those of us who want trucks.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:10 PM
I am a techy guy. I drive a BMW 745i which is one of the most advanced cars on the road. But even I think the 09 F150 has Way too many tiny buttons on the dash. I think the buttons on my 2005 Screw were perfect but the new ones just a mess of buttons. I think the new F150 is on par with the new chevys. When I do decide to buy a new truck I might have to browse toyota and dodge for thier new trucks. Ford got ****y and felt it didnt have to redesign an entirely new breathtaking truck like chevy toyota and dodge did.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:32 PM

Is it just me or do the tires look alot bigger on the 09...?

Old 01-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by cyclone vampire
Ford body, Chevy drive train ...
Ford has a 6 speed and Chevy has a 4 speed. Ford has the 5.4. Chevy has the 5.3 standard and 6.0 optional which I'm told most people don't buy. Ford has the new diesel and other engines coming. The 6 speed alone should close the gap quite a bit. The Chevy is nice for a Chevy, but I'd have to go with Ford all around.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:57 AM
Graphics Contributor
lol i love you dumb****s that are knocking the un-aligned hood. That was a spy photo taken before the damn truck came out.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That comment just rolls into the dumb @sses that post on a FORD TRUCK forum that defend other brands....get a life and pay contributions to CHEVY or DODGE Forums....***. F'n troll.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:33 PM
Graphics Contributor
Originally Posted by camlocker
That comment just rolls into the dumb @sses that post on a FORD TRUCK forum that defend other brands....get a life and pay contributions to CHEVY or DODGE Forums....***. F'n troll.
lol sorry id have to make that comment about any make. It's very clear, that was not a press release photo advertising the truck, it was a spy shot in the final stages. Check out what i say in my posts before calling me a troll. I bleed blue, i hate toyota with a passion, i'm not a troll. However chevys current truck impresses me beyond the 09 f150, especially in pricing, im sure much wont change in the new 09s for $$.I expect my next vehicle to be an edge. My next truck, a silverado. If ford rolls out an impressive regular cab with the 6.2 in it, then count me in, until then, ill continue loving ford and chevy, but ill have to make a choice when i get out of my current f150.

Quick Reply: F-150 or Chevy - Which Do You Like Better?