2009 - 2014 F-150

F-150 or Chevy - Which Do You Like Better?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 10:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope all who are considering the GM and Dodge trucks find one without the DOD s/u. MDS and AFM suck A--, IMO. Who wants a truck flip flopping back and forth b/n 4 and 8 cylinders? It's the dumbest concept I can see so far for truck owners. All I can say is have your checkbook ready. These engines haven't been tried enough and stand to be very expensive when components start mucking up. I hate the very fact that a computer decides how my truck will function instead of my foot.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:42 PM
JBMX, the Edge looks like a really nice vehicle. If you get one let us know what you think, I'd be interested to hear from an owner of one first-hand if they like it or not. That Vistaroof option... oh yeah!

Did someone mention Tailgate Assist? Ford did not mention this at all on the 2009. I had assumed it would be a given by now, but that strange lady on the CNBC Detroit Auto Special complained about the tailgate nearly breaking her arm off when she tried to lift it. Did Ford do away with the tailgate assist in 2009, or was she just maybe confused? She seemed so jittery I wondered what the heck she was doing at an auto show evaluating vehicles; talk about an incredibly boring person for such an exciting event.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Oh, and for anyone else who watched that special. Did you notice how flimsy those ram boxes seemed to be when the guy shut them? Seemed like really bad fit/finish on those, all shaky and flimsy. As bad as the Titanic, I mean Titan baby access door that flops open the opposite direction of the doors of the vehicle and bounces around on the truck proving grounds?

I liked the idea, though. I wonder how they affect the overall cargo area in the bed, if at all? Nice use of space if done right, congrats on dodge for somehow one-upping Ford if these work out well in actual everyday use. Much more convienent than Ford's optional bed storage cases for 2009.

I still want to know exactly where the jack goes in the '09 SuperCrew, as well as where I can put my jumper cables. I HATE how the jack bounces and squeeks under the seat in my '04, and I've never once touched it. Here's hoping the '09 storage space for it is sound deadened.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by tomclem
I hope all who are considering the GM and Dodge trucks find one without the DOD s/u. MDS and AFM suck A--, IMO. Who wants a truck flip flopping back and forth b/n 4 and 8 cylinders? It's the dumbest concept I can see so far for truck owners. All I can say is have your checkbook ready. These engines haven't been tried enough and stand to be very expensive when components start mucking up. I hate the very fact that a computer decides how my truck will function instead of my foot.
You mean like the '04 to present F150's that use drive by wire? The pedal is connected to a switch which send signals to the PCM, which then tells the throttle what you want to do?

Old 01-24-2008, 01:44 AM
this thread is like the special olympics...no matter who comes out on top your all still retards

Old 01-24-2008, 02:02 AM
i would buy the new ford. the interiors are just too awesome. as far as stock goes, the ford looks better inside and out.chevys are just to dam low to the ground...but at the chevy dealer in my town, there is a really nice lifted chevy with rims and such....but then i started thinking, without this lift it would look like crap...like the other ones (i have seen the lifted fords with the fancy rims,etc too...). But at least the fords can still look good stock. the only difference i can see in the new dodge is that they made the retarded grill on the front a little less retarded. i think that was the only reason i DIDNT buy the dodge (and the gooberish rims)....the salesman was like "its got a hemi its got a hemi!"
like, who cares? i HATE seeing those trucks driving down the road with "yea, its got a hemi" stickers on them.

but kudos to chevy for great horsepower + better fuel mileage...

Old 01-27-2008, 03:50 PM
I was at the NAIAS on friday and got to view all the manufacturers 1/2ton trucks up close and personal.

The next best thing to the current F-150 AND 2009 F-150 is probably (hate to say it) GMs 1/2 ton.

The new dodge exterior styling is nice but thats because of design cues stolen from the F-150. Dodge even admitted that. The interior is still classic dodge crap. Very cheap interior & the center console shift is not even in the same league as the center console+shifter in the F-150.

The Toyota is extremely over priced for a 1/2 ton truck. There was a model on the floor we sat in with a price tag over 50,000. You can get a nice Superduty 3/4 ton for that! Toyota stole the outboard mounted shocks from the F-150 as well. I wont get into the interior as the Toyota interior was about as bad and cheap looking as the Dodge Ram.

On to GM. They have one of the better looking exterior designs, still not as nice as the F-150 though. The interior also remains "classic GM". They really need to get rid of that dash, they've had that similar design since 94..? The seats were more comfy than the Toyota and Dodge. The exterior probably looks more appealing because it also has a Ford like look to it? Think the front grill...Note that the chevy 1/2 is not as nice as the GM, i wouldnt even consider the chevy since it has that terrible front bumper, luckily the GM owners done have to worry about that.

On to the 09 F-150. The 09 is still ahead of the competition in quality and styling. The interior fit and finish is still well ahead of the competition. The seats are very comfortable, they also extended the length of the cab for more room and leg room. The dash & cluster is also much nicer than the competition as quality, luxury, and tough come together to perfect the interior of a truck. Ford has integrated the tailgate step into the 09 F-150 as well as a side step in front of the rear tire, which is nice for getting into the bed for items. I tried both out and they seem to work flawlessly.
The only thing they are lacking at the moment of course is in the power department, but the 6.2L Boss (due out in a year or so) as well as a twin turbo version that delivers around 700 ponies. (this is previous information i knew of BEFORE the auto show by the way) Rumor has it that Ford is also developing these new motors with much better fuel economy than the triton series engine lineup.

Old 01-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Hey Guys, new to posting on this forum but have read about everything on here for about two years now. It really surprises me how much ppl defend other brands on here! Either way for what trucks do now a days its hard to imagine what some of them go through and keep going. I guess I've got mixed thoughts about the 09'. I Loved my 04 and 05 F150's and wished I would have keep my 04' FX4. Just not the gas mileage I would have liked. Anywho I would have 2 voted for the interior of the 09' in the body style of the 04-08. Don't care for the wheel options and tail lights on the 09's. Rather then that I don't complain to much.

Old 01-27-2008, 04:47 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Deereman
Hey Guys, new to posting on this forum but have read about everything on here for about two years now. It really surprises me how much ppl defend other brands on here!
We hear that! Myself and a couple others are constantly going toe to toe with other members who love nothing more than slamming the 150. Welcome and no substitute for a Deere!

Old 01-27-2008, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by scott1981
We hear that! Myself and a couple others are constantly going toe to toe with other members who love nothing more than slamming the 150. Welcome and no substitute for a Deere!
That new Ram is so sweet, can't wait for it to hit the dealers, and just wait until the next gen Tundra is released. The '09 F150 just can't compete!

Old 01-27-2008, 06:09 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Tbird69
That new Ram is so sweet, can't wait for it to hit the dealers, and just wait until the next gen Tundra is released. The '09 F150 just can't compete!
I know your just messing with me, but I also cant wait to test drive a new ram. Time to see if Dodge got the fit and finish right for once. Toyota is not going to release a new Tundra, they are leaving the fullsize market.. just cant compete

Old 01-27-2008, 11:08 PM
Just to add my $.02 I like the Ford over anything I think it is the best built and best looking inside and out my only complaint is with all of the brands Ford Chevy Dodge etc why not offer a stick shift with the V8's I know the automatics are nice and people like them but there are still some of us who would love a stick and a clutch ( IMO )

Old 01-28-2008, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by Tbird69
You mean like the '04 to present F150's that use drive by wire? The pedal is connected to a switch which send signals to the PCM, which then tells the throttle what you want to do?
I hate that option too. Matter of fact, I hate the whole dang PCM thing altogether. Still though, that MDS and AFM is the craps. Hemi with 8, Mini-hemi with 4. It goes from being a bulldog to being a poodle, in the HP/performance world.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:05 PM
FORD hands down!! the chevy looks like crap th dodge looks ok but the interior looks cheap when i get out of my current truck {02 lariat supercrew 4x4} im gettin a 08 or newer SUPERDUTY!!!!

Old 01-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by tomclem
I hate that option too. Matter of fact, I hate the whole dang PCM thing altogether. Still though, that MDS and AFM is the craps. Hemi with 8, Mini-hemi with 4. It goes from being a bulldog to being a poodle, in the HP/performance world.
Nope, the second you stomp the throttle you're back to 8 cylinders, let up to cruise it drops to 4.

Quick Reply: F-150 or Chevy - Which Do You Like Better?