Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A bad facelift at that btw

Old 01-19-2008, 07:33 PM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by cyclone vampire
Okay, Pro ford website, so Ford is going to be number one, even if your F-150 is not, this is a great place to come to to feel good abought your Ford.

Thiers a lot of out side sources that right Ford as not so great, and some that do, I must admit Dodge has not resolved thier automatic issues and every one who owns a 5.4 3v bitch and whine abought the lack of H/P and how bad mileage is.

I'm surprised to admit I like the 09 F-150, but Fords been a high horse for so long now, The buck off is going to hurt.

To win a sales game is ok, but a lot of those sales numbers for all the brands are leases, not long term owners who drive em till they drop.
Really man... you have a Dodge and you insist on being a Ford Forum site. And we're supposed to be the idiots that buy a bad vehicle? For real 31 years man get over it! Go on with your Dodge and quit complaining or buy a FORD!!!!

Old 01-19-2008, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by RYAN24
Hmmmmm let see, best selling truck for 31 years...... a lot of repeat buyers.... lot of new buyers which came from other brands...... So im assuming this means that the F150 is very dependable, safe, and capable.... If the truck wasnt any of these that I mentioned then it wouldnt be the best selling truck....... So yeah id say it has been the best
Soooo......using this logic, McDonalds sells the most burgers of any fast food joint, that must mean their burgers are the best then right?

Old 01-19-2008, 11:21 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclone vampire
.......and every one who owns a 5.4 3v bitch and whine abought the lack of H/P and how bad mileage is.
I get great mileage with my 5.4.

I still think the 09 f150 is not Ford's best attempt at truck market dominance though. Dodge will gladly take Ford customers anf sell them Ram pickups. It's going to happen.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by Stealth
I get great mileage with my 5.4.

I still think the 09 f150 is not Ford's best attempt at truck market dominance though. Dodge will gladly take Ford customers anf sell them Ram pickups. It's going to happen.
Just wait until the next incarnation of the Tundra is released. The sales of that truck played a big part in knocking Ford out of the #2 sales spot. A position they've held for over 70 years.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:48 PM
Originally Posted by Tbird69
Soooo......using this logic, McDonalds sells the most burgers of any fast food joint, that must mean their burgers are the best then right?
The F150 doesn't deserve its' reputation because it earned its sales, it earned it sales because deserves its' reputation.

Dodge also deserves its' reputation, thus sales will continue to be low.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:10 AM
I own a Chevy, and a Ford. That makes me a freak/minority/level head. I would never ever buy a Chrysler truck. Too many reasons to list...Imports are still cheap even if they cost more...

Old 01-20-2008, 12:20 AM
Looking at the pics of the new '09 F150 Platinum, it just looks like the current style with cosmetic changes for the most part. It's an evolution of the current design, rather than an all new truck (from the ground up). With Ford in financial difficulties, I understand why they went this route.

There's mention of a new frame but I couldn't find any information about the 'improved' 5.4 3v engine other than it can burn ethanol if needed. My biggest complaint is the lack of power the current 5.4 3v engine produces. My '07 KR will never win any race, not that I'm looking for it to be a speed demon. It does a good job running down the road and hauling plenty without whining about the work but it lacks excitment. In stock form, it's a bland work mutant engine. Anyways, I was hoping that Ford would at least be inspired to match the engine performance of the Tundra. So far, Ford has kept quiet about the 'improved' engine capabilities but I suspect it's short of the Tundra. The only thing Ford mentioned is the '09 can carry and tow more than the current generation - how about the hp and tq numbers? Kudos to Ford for using a 6 speed auto tranny. Overall, I'm afraid Ford's bragging rights of 31 yrs of being the truck leader is more likely to be closer to ending than continuing on for the next 5 years.

Last edited by BIG_ole_TRUCK; 01-20-2008 at 12:31 AM.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:47 AM
Originally Posted by Tbird69
Just wait until the next incarnation of the Tundra is released. The sales of that truck played a big part in knocking Ford out of the #2 sales spot. A position they've held for over 70 years.
Dude, go buy your Dodge junk or Jap Junk already so you'll go over to their sites and talk about the ford truck you used to own.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:17 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 4 4X4ING
Dude, go buy your Dodge junk or Jap Junk already so you'll go over to their sites and talk about the ford truck you used to own.
Wow, you getting paid or something?

Old 01-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by 4 4X4ING
The standard issue post from someone that has nothing intelligent left to say.

Old 01-23-2008, 01:15 PM
Big Old Truck,
Ford just did a ground up redesign 4 years ago. Now they are doing a near complete ground up redesign again. It took GM 9 years to do just one redesign. Now one year later GM's new truck has to deal with another new F150. What Ford is doing has never been done before. The Dodge reporters are saying that the new Dodge is more of a relative evolution than a revolution as well. However, there have been posts with lists of every improvement on the new F150 and there must have been at least 50 or more of them listed, all important and involving a lot. To not do your homework and to say it looks just like a few cosmetic changes, it's the beginning of the end and to compare it to the big turd (not even going into all of the problems it has, it needed huge incentives in its first year to sell anything) means your opinion is of no value to yourself or any of us here.

Last edited by bluegreenf150; 01-23-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Suspended
I have to admit the new dodge is growing on me. As a previous Dodge owner I know the quality issues Dodge has had in the past thought. I must admit I am more of a blue oval guy, but still the Dodge would be my second choice.

Old 01-23-2008, 01:47 PM
To the diehards that insist that the F150 is the best becuase it's been the "best selling truck for 320 thousand years"

You do realize they are talking only about the F150 name. Chevy/GMC ( same company ) OUTSELL the F150 in the 1/2 market.

I guess using some logic presented here, that makes Chevy/GMC a better truck.

Awaiting the " it takes GM making 2 different trucks to compete with Ford " but the bottom line is that all the money goes to the same company.

Old 01-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by SMIGGS
To the diehards that insist that the F150 is the best becuase it's been the "best selling truck for 320 thousand years"

You do realize they are talking only about the F150 name. Chevy/GMC ( same company ) OUTSELL the F150 in the 1/2 market.

I guess using some logic presented here, that makes Chevy/GMC a better truck.

Awaiting the " it takes GM making 2 different trucks to compete with Ford " but the bottom line is that all the money goes to the same company.
I know GM has outsold Ford and it doesn't bother me. GM is an American company with a quality product, I'm glad they are doing well

Quick Reply: MSN Rejects '09 Ram; F-150 Makes Top 10