2009 - 2014 F-150

2009 Paint Colors

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 07:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Paint Colors

Does anyone know if the Bright Red available on the 04-07 will be available on the 09 XLT?

Old 01-27-2008, 12:30 AM
Think it'll be awhile before they announce final colors. Plus don't forget how Ford loves to force certain colors on or away from certain trim levels, for who knows what reason.

Let's just hope that with all the positive responses to the new blue that they allow it on the Platinum trim level, and not just relegate Platinum to just a couple colors like white, black , silver, forest green and burgundy.

Old 01-27-2008, 12:37 AM
From the pics I've seen, seems like only the Plat gets the glossy pillars. Looks like all the rest just get the flat black ones.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by CometFlash
Think it'll be awhile before they announce final colors. Plus don't forget how Ford loves to force certain colors on or away from certain trim levels, for who knows what reason.

Let's just hope that with all the positive responses to the new blue that they allow it on the Platinum trim level, and not just relegate Platinum to just a couple colors like white, black , silver, forest green and burgundy.
We built a blue platinum this week...Very nice

Old 01-27-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by CometFlash

That is one thing that bothered me when I first ordered my truck. why dose ford feel they need to restrict the colors for differant models. if they are offering a certain color it should be available on which ever model we choose. as well as 2 tone. I can understand the models like Harley davison. but the standerd models should not be restricted.

Old 01-27-2008, 12:49 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by jasonkola
That is one thing that bothered me when I first ordered my truck. why dose ford feel they need to restrict the colors for differant models. if they are offering a certain color it should be available on which ever model we choose. as well as 2 tone. I can understand the models like Harley davison. but the standerd models should not be restricted.
I agree, also, they should not force two tone on certain trim levels or certain color combinations. On the current models, if you want a red Lariat, you have to get two tone, same thing if you want blue. But, all the other colors available on the Lariats you can get as a solid color, just not red or blue.

When I got my 07, I wanted a blue Lariat, until I found out about the forced two tone paint, so I had to settle for another FX4.

Old 01-27-2008, 01:48 PM
Thats great news about the blue! But any word on the bright red? If it's available I will buy a new 09 XLT Screw. If not, sadly, I will not.

Old 01-27-2008, 02:08 PM
On the Ford web site, if you click on models and go to the STX, it shows it and labels it "STX shown in Bright Red". I would think, then, that it would be available on the same levels as the '08s were (which is good -- that's my favorite color)

Quick Reply: 2009 Paint Colors