2009 - 2014 F-150

order guides

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 05:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rambo
Check again. The 5.4 is available on all cabs.
Said something about only available on the XL work truck or something... "Not available with 126" wheelbase." which is the 6.5' Reg. Cab.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:58 PM
It said Regular Cabs are available with the 5.4.

4x2 Regular Cabs with the 6.5' bed are not available with the 5.4.

Last edited by Rambo; 05-21-2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:02 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by fordmantpw
The order guides are now available!!

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...opic=24285&hl=

Could someone upload the order guide, when I try to get it, the site wont let me.

Old 05-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Rambo
It said Regular Cabs are available with the 5.4.

4x2 Regular Cabs with the 6.5' bed are not available with the 5.4.
Right... I guess I should have re-worded my original post..

"Looks like the 5.4 isn't available with the 4x2 Regular Cab with 6.5' bed... Guess I won't be buying an 09."

Bummer.. maybe in 2010...

Old 05-21-2008, 11:29 PM
05redFX4, just register on the site to become a member, create a name and password, yada yada. Then you can access it once you are signed in. That's what I had to do, took me all of 3 minutes to do and then I was downloading and reading the 'dealer suggested order guide'. Note this is not the same guide that will be available to consumers, no prices or anything. But it's pretty close and can give you a good feel for how you'll order if you're planning to buy an '09. Not sure it's worth it, gas is 3.98 a gallon here, cost me $98.00 to fill my tank today.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:02 PM
Better order soon if you really want one:

"DETROIT (AP) - Ford Motor Co. is cutting North American production of pickups and SUVs as car buyers eyeing record gas prices turn toward more fuel-efficient models. The automaker says it no longer expects to return to profitability by 2009.

Ford said it will cut production by 15 percent in the second quarter, 15 to 20 percent in the third quarter and 2 to 8 percent in the fourth quarter. The cuts will primarily affect pickups and sport utility vehicles, which have seen sales plummet in recent months due to rising gas prices and the slowdown in new home construction."

Old 05-22-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by CometFlash
Nice to see. Seems like the Platinum will have pretty much everything, other than NAV, as standard. Although it appears you cannot get the Remote Start with the Platinum! What the heck is that all about?

Prices would be nice. As would an actual order guide, but this is certainly good enough for now, much appreciated. I'm still confused as to why you canNOT get rear window defrost with the power sliding rear window. Just seems incredibly bizarre. Heck, seemed bizarre back in 2004. It's now almost 2009. What's the incredibly complex mechanical issue that cannot be overcome to include defrost with rear power sliding window?

As I see more n more I can't help but worry about what someone said months ago. That this refresh screams "place filler" or "holdover" until they can get a full remodel completed. I'm just very fearful of dropping 40k and then seeing a ground-up remodel in 2012 or so.
I ordered my Platinum yesterday afternoon and I agree about the remote start. As for the rear defrost, you can't even opt for a standard window without the power slide. That's what I did with my current truck because I prefer the rear defrost to the power sliding window. My guess as to why they can't incorporate the two options is because the wires used in the mechanism can't run smoothly across three different panes of glass.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:51 PM
....haven't read the order guide yet, Jeff are you saying power rear slider is the only choice with Platinum or?...i'm of the same opinion, rear slider is seriously overrated & have spec'd pretty much every truck with a solid rear window. Rear slider with defrost i suppose could be done, but it would be very difficult to make it in a reliable fashion using the embedded 'heating wire' method...as you say, you have three glass panels...the two fixed panel on each side would be easy of course but the design problem would be finding a reliable 'electrical
contact' to provide power to middle glass panel and accommodate the sliding travel. I suppose you could have contacts that would connect reconnect as w1ndow cycles open & closed...or maybe a travelling or sliding contact in window rail. It'd be tough & expensive to do correctly. I guess forced air defrost could be ducted from flowthrough as well.....mind you that wouldn't be as efficient as direct electric heating.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by mr_andy
....haven't read the order guide yet, Jeff are you saying power rear slider is the only choice with Platinum or?...i'm of the same opinion, rear slider is seriously overrated & have spec'd pretty much every truck with a solid rear window.
Yes, exactly. The power sliding window comes standard on the Platinum package which was much to my disappointment. I don't really see any use for it especially with a moonroof which I prefer. I also think the solid glass rear window has a sleeker appearance.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:27 PM
...definitely cleans up the look of the truck yes. special order is out i imagine with these limited run packages.....

Old 05-22-2008, 09:24 PM
I too need the order guides rehosted or pdfed. you can't register with blue oval news if you have a free web based e-mail. I have had this problem for years. they won't accept my only e-mail addresses.

so someone please HELP i gotta see them.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Old 05-22-2008, 11:08 PM
The PDF file is 712k in size. I can eamil to anyone. Post or PM me your email addy and I'll send it to you.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:06 PM
ok in one spot it says the reg cab longbed with 5.4 will have 36 gallon fuel tank in another it says 26 gallon. last year it was a 26 . which is right.

Quick Reply: order guides