hopefully gas wont be 7 bucks by the time you get it. :o

Old 06-06-2008, 03:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
hopefully gas wont be 7 bucks by the time you get it. :o
hopefully it will be a long time before it gets there.:santa:

Old 06-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Very cool, but with the economy/stock market continuing to tank, I may have to sit this refresh out, wait for the next full remodel. Gas just continues to rise, while stocks continue to drop. Plus I'd really risk my 401k by buying right now, want to keep pumping the max ($15,500) into it each year as always, don't want to have to work until I'm 72. Gotta keep reminding myself it's more important than a refreshed F-150 sitting in my driveway, much as I'd like it to be.

Good luck with the truck! Hopefully the refresh will help Ford a little bit, but not enough to get them in the black I'm afraid. Then again, it will get them to work even harder on alternative fuel vehicles, which will be great for us all.

BTW, driving on I-84 East today around 1:15pm I saw a brand-new Ford Flex drive by me going Westbound. Not a refreshed F-150, but still cool all the same.

Old 06-07-2008, 01:39 AM
Originally Posted by CometFlash
Very cool, but with the economy/stock market continuing to tank, I may have to sit this refresh out, wait for the next full remodel. Gas just continues to rise, while stocks continue to drop. Plus I'd really risk my 401k by buying right now, want to keep pumping the max ($15,500) into it each year as always, don't want to have to work until I'm 72. Gotta keep reminding myself it's more important than a refreshed F-150 sitting in my driveway, much as I'd like it to be.

Good luck with the truck! Hopefully the refresh will help Ford a little bit, but not enough to get them in the black I'm afraid. Then again, it will get them to work even harder on alternative fuel vehicles, which will be great for us all.

BTW, driving on I-84 East today around 1:15pm I saw a brand-new Ford Flex drive by me going Westbound. Not a refreshed F-150, but still cool all the same.
The economy isn't tanking. If Clinton were in office, we would be told how great the economy is. I've heard this story before about your 401k. The thing you don't realize is that you can have a new truck and the retirement savings and everything else you want if you put your mind to it. It's a personal choice to settle. Expand the mind a little bit. Put some of those savings into a business that can buy you a free truck and double the savings.

Also, it's not a "refresh." It's all new.

Old 06-07-2008, 01:40 AM
Originally Posted by debralj
I went and ordered my truck today.
2009 F150 XLT 4x4 SCrew
5.4 - 157" Wheelbase
White w/Gray Interior
XLT Convenience Package
Rear Sensor & Camera
Tow Pkg
Trailer Brake Control
5" Blk Running Boards
40/20/40 Frt Seat (have Captains Chairs in my 06 and my dog does not like it)
Can not remember what else I ordered.
Of course do not know what the cost will be, but I lease, so I was due a new one.
I want to thank everyone who has answered all of my questions, you all are great.
Deb
Nice package.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by bluegreenf150
The economy isn't tanking. If Clinton were in office, we would be told how great the economy is. I've heard this story before about your 401k. The thing you don't realize is that you can have a new truck and the retirement savings and everything else you want if you put your mind to it. It's a personal choice to settle. Expand the mind a little bit. Put some of those savings into a business that can buy you a free truck and double the savings.

Also, it's not a "refresh." It's all new.
This is the most ignorant post I have read in awhile if the economy isn't tanking I hate to see it when it is and the 09 is nothing more than a refresh for a ton of money u must be an auto worker

Old 06-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by blackf-150
This is the most ignorant post I have read in awhile if the economy isn't tanking I hate to see it when it is and the 09 is nothing more than a refresh for a ton of money u must be an auto worker
The economy is still growing. A recession is defined as two quarters of contraction. But we haven't had one yet. Dude, where's my tank? How in the name of sweet F150's is it just a "refresh" if virtually everything is new? As long as we are making assumptions on who we are, I say you must be a disgruntled old body style owner or former owner.

Old 06-07-2008, 05:02 PM
I respect your opinion and point of view, but the economy IS doing badly even if you make too much money to see it, and I tried very hard to convince myself the '09 was all-new for a long time, but in the end I just can't convince myself of something that isn't true. The '09 may have hundreds of part changes (I think DD said like 1200 or something), and some different materials and some upgraded interior stuff and a few new bends in the body and a new grille, but the overall vehicle has most certainly not changed. Don't get me wrong, I'd buy one in a second if I had money to burn, but I still couldn't say it was all-new because it just wouldn't be true. Significantly refreshed? Absolutely. Love the new interior features.

Normally I avoid responding to these types of posts but BlackF-150 is correct. To say those 2 things --> about the economy and about the '09 being "all-new" --> is either pure insanity or living in a bubble (e.g. being so rich you don't notice what's happening to the average US consumer and convincing yourself something is "all-new" just because you can afford it or unwisely go into debt to own it).

I certainly agree with you I have the lifestyle choice of doing one or the other, but to max out a 401k and afford truck payments, in addition to paying a mortgage and all other monthly bills; would be impossible. I live very frugally, I have no daily coffee runs or other random unnecessary expenses to cut out, did all that like 3 years ago so I could max my 401k and not work until death.

Unless you are offering to send some money my way or get me a massive raise, then you'll be my best friend!

PS Again, I apologize to all those who hate these types of posts. Normally I avoid them at all costs 'cause I just don't like to argue. But just take a look at the Dow or Nasdaq... or the differences between F-150's from '96 to '97 or '03 to '04 compared to the not-so-differences between '04 and '09.

Old 06-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by CometFlash
I respect your opinion and point of view, but the economy IS doing badly even if you make too much money to see it, and I tried very hard to convince myself the '09 was all-new for a long time, but in the end I just can't convince myself of something that isn't true. The '09 may have hundreds of part changes (I think DD said like 1200 or something), and some different materials and some upgraded interior stuff and a few new bends in the body and a new grille, but the overall vehicle has most certainly not changed. Don't get me wrong, I'd buy one in a second if I had money to burn, but I still couldn't say it was all-new because it just wouldn't be true. Significantly refreshed? Absolutely. Love the new interior features.

Normally I avoid responding to these types of posts but BlackF-150 is correct. To say those 2 things --> about the economy and about the '09 being "all-new" --> is either pure insanity or living in a bubble (e.g. being so rich you don't notice what's happening to the average US consumer and convincing yourself something is "all-new" just because you can afford it or unwisely go into debt to own it).

I certainly agree with you I have the lifestyle choice of doing one or the other, but to max out a 401k and afford truck payments, in addition to paying a mortgage and all other monthly bills; would be impossible. I live very frugally, I have no daily coffee runs or other random unnecessary expenses to cut out, did all that like 3 years ago so I could max my 401k and not work until death.

Unless you are offering to send some money my way or get me a massive raise, then you'll be my best friend!

PS Again, I apologize to all those who hate these types of posts. Normally I avoid them at all costs 'cause I just don't like to argue. But just take a look at the Dow or Nasdaq... or the differences between F-150's from '96 to '97 or '03 to '04 compared to the not-so-differences between '04 and '09.
If you think it is impossible, then you are right. I am just saying there is another way to think, but most people don't think this way so they will continue to do what they've always done and settle. If you think you can't, you must. If you must, you can.

Back to the F150, it is more close to being all new than being just a "refresh." The new F-150 is just as new as the Dodge!

The economy isn't as bad as you think. It is hardly a tank job.

-----

Dude, Where's My Recession?: The Series
June 06, 2008 11:01 AM ET | James Pethokoukis | Permanent Link

The economy seems to be slowly accelerating, yet the unemployment rate is rising sharply—as evidenced by its biggest jump in 22 years. It rose from 5.0 percent in April to 5.5 percent in May. (BTW: The betting markets still put the odds of recession this year at just 1 in 3.) So what's the deal?

1) This period reminds me of 2003, when the unemployment rate jumped from a low of 5.8 percent to a high of 6.3 percent even as the economy grew 2.5 percent coming out of the recession. Unemployment is a lagging indicator, folks.

2) When we've had a good jobs report in recent years, economic bears would often knock it by pointing out that a rising number of people had left the workforce and thus were no long counted as unemployed. This is the labor force participation rate. Well, one reason the unemployment rate rose so much last month is that the LFP rose sharply to 66.2 percent from 66.0 percent, meaning people are coming back into the job market.

3) Payrolls dropped by 49,000 in May, yet this is still far below the losses of 200,000 to 300,000 typically seen in a recession, which this is not.

4) The econ team at Macroeconomic Advisers has looked at the May jobs report and now thinks the economy will grow at a 1.7 percent rate for the second quarter. The big jump in the unemployment rate didn't cause the team to change its forecast at all. The Un-Recession continues.

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/capital-...he-series.html

Old 06-07-2008, 06:02 PM
if it didn't keep the same cab shape and door handles and similiar mirrors, you guys wouldn't be calling it just a refresh. Everything thing else is all new. New interior, new frame, new rear suspension (longer leaf springs), new 4.6 3v motor, the list keeps going.... DD actually said there's 2,183 new parts.

Refresh: when they changed the front bumpers in 2006 to have round foglights instead of square, added chrome and FX4 luxury packages, etc., I would call that a refresh.

Last edited by SteveVFX4; 06-07-2008 at 06:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Ordered New Truck Today