2009 - 2014 F-150

Checked out a FX4 Screw...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 03:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Checked out a FX4 Screw...

Loves:

- New seat Soooooooo comfy compared to old one.

- New room. Didn't know I needed it until I checked it out. Now my 04s front doors look stuby, like mini-me doors.

- Dash. Nice .

- Space under rear seats.

- Looks. Looks very much like 04-08 in person. Changes don't seem as big?

- More storage spots. Nice.

- Real floormats. I noticed rear ones were @ 350% larger than what my 04 arrived with!

- Added another power point inside console . nice. Now add another one or two in the dash.

Hates: - FX4 decal. Terrible. First thing to go. Fire the guy that ok'd them. Beat the guy who thought of it.

- Tail lights. I take that back Before I buy one I'll have to check out prices of relpacement tail lamps w/o that damn chrome. Does not belong on a FX4 that has no chrome. Very Lazy Ford. Monochrome = Monochrome. etc.

- Why no drivers side a pillar grab handle. That really sucks!

- Slanted fwd head rest. IF its all the way up I can live with it, but down well I wouldn't buy this truck if that could not be changed. Terrible.

- Tailgate. Three lines suck. 04-08 is much better. So now we can distinguish our tailgate from 50 ft away which was Fords goal??? Yes we can, cause ours is ugly. Who cares Ford? Reestablish your priorities. (i.e. ENGINE)

So-so:- All that work on aerodnamics (153 diff mirror desings tested) and still same old, old school wipers? Looks dated.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Good little write up. Sounds like the same gripes and complaints I have.

That non-grab handle for the driver really boggled my mind. Thats how i get in. I use it damn near everytime, its just nice. Now to go with out one, I dunno. Really sucks, and I can't, for the life of me, think of ANY reason to do that ? They don't want smaller people in their trucks ? I know plenty of ladies that damn near NEED it, just to climb up.

Also, I haven't test driven one YET ! but I have seen pics of that head rest. All I can say is, WTF ? Looks like it leans farther forward then the backrest... by a lot ! So, you have to drive around with your chin on your chest ?? Is it as bad as it looks Power Kid ??

Old 10-29-2008, 04:42 PM
Suspended
i dont like the new looks of the f150 at all. from the side it looks nearly identicle to the 04-08's. now if i saw one lifted i think i would fall in love with it. that big front end needs to be 6-8" higher with 12.5-13.5 tires and it would look really good.

Old 10-29-2008, 04:45 PM
I think it'll take a little time to grow on me, look forward to seeing them with some MTs and a lift

Old 10-29-2008, 04:48 PM
Suspended
I am just giddy that it does not look much different than the 04-08's..

Old 10-29-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
Good little write up. Sounds like the same gripes and complaints I have.

That non-grab handle for the driver really boggled my mind. Thats how i get in. I use it damn near everytime, its just nice. Now to go with out one, I dunno. Really sucks, and I can't, for the life of me, think of ANY reason to do that ? They don't want smaller people in their trucks ? I know plenty of ladies that damn near NEED it, just to climb up.

Also, I haven't test driven one YET ! but I have seen pics of that head rest. All I can say is, WTF ? Looks like it leans farther forward then the backrest... by a lot ! So, you have to drive around with your chin on your chest ?? Is it as bad as it looks Power Kid ??
If your over 6 ft and sit straight up with perfect posture you'll probably have an issue. I'm a hair under 6 ft and like I said, w/headrest down its pushing my head fwd, w/headrest up its acceptable/doesn't touch my head.

Probably a good business opportunity to pkg a set of replacement headrests, Taillights and decls together and you'd have many MANY F-150 buyers very interesed.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:52 AM
I think the Platinum edition is beyond tasteless. I don't like the tail lights either. Certain grill and color combinations look strange to me as well.

I hate hate hate the center console shifter. Can't stand it. Deal breaker, right there.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:18 AM
The uncomfortable head rests are mandated by DOT. That's their new anti-whiplash feature. I believe all new 09's without active head rests have to be that way. Helmets are probably on the way.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:21 PM
can you put 04-08 headrest into the 09s? or is the 09 seat design totally different?

Old 10-30-2008, 07:47 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I think the 2009 F150 is very overrated. Its not that much different than the 04-08 outside of some cosmetics, looks, and a 6 speed. 0-60 times haven't changed (for those obsessed with power). The 6 speed will help with towing and climbing, but thats it. I see need to upgrade at all.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:10 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What no drivers side grab handle. I use this handle everytime I enter into my truck! My passengers use theirs also! That sucks!......

Old 10-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
I think the 2009 F150 is very overrated. Its not that much different than the 04-08 outside of some cosmetics, looks, and a 6 speed. 0-60 times haven't changed (for those obsessed with power). The 6 speed will help with towing and climbing, but thats it. I see need to upgrade at all.
It's a vast improvement over the last gen truck. As many will tell you there's not a lot on the truck that is the same. The last gen was also a nice truck but the 09 really has made a good truck even better. Cant say that there would be one thing on a 08 that i would want on a 09 to be honest.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:03 PM
i) Taillights
ii) decal
iii) a pillar drivers side grab handle.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by Power Kid
i) Taillights
ii) decal
iii) a pillar drivers side grab handle.
i)Aftermarket
ii)Peel it off
iii)Use the steering wheel

Old 10-30-2008, 11:16 PM
One step on the running board and one step inside and I'm in. Where is there a problem? Not once have I used the grab handle. If anything the grab handle obstructs your view on the driver's side and I'm glad it is gone.

Quick Reply: Checked out a FX4 Screw...