2009 - 2014 F-150

Still waiting

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 07:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still waiting

Ordered a 09 in June. Told it was built in October. Had two delivery dates which had passed. Now no dates available. Anyone else in this boat?

Old 11-12-2008, 07:18 AM
Originally Posted by mybadcode
Ordered a 09 in June. Told it was built in October. Had two delivery dates which had passed. Now no dates available. Anyone else in this boat?
Looks like your in the same boat as a lot of us. I have also been given a few dates to expect my truck now and it's getting beyond a joke. my next date has been given as the 24th November but i have almost zero hope of it turning up by then. I asked for for a x-plan pin and service plan but it was like trying to get blood from a stone. they need to make sure they don't **** of the customers who are going to keep them in business. My dealer is telling me that it ain't just the f150's that ford is having trouble getting out to customers. it seems to be the whole range. He said that he has only 5 09 vehicle's on order and none of them have turned up since ordered. He said that a lot of it has to do with they ain't got enough orders to ship to certain areas and the trucks are no where near full for certain areas.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Still Waiting

I just got off the phone with my sales rep. I, too, had already been told mine was built. They have now retracted that statement and are telling me November 24th (sounds familiar). No reason given. I have asked for a "supervisor"...

Old 11-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by 09BluePlatMan
I just got off the phone with my sales rep. I, too, had already been told mine was built. They have now retracted that statement and are telling me November 24th (sounds familiar). No reason given. I have asked for a "supervisor"...

I have sent a few letters to people higher up at Ford as i was not at all happy with the different dates i kept getting. I wernt getting anywhere with the customer service supervisors. They said they dont even have access to systems that tell them what stage the build is at so i should call my dealer lol. They really have a joke of a customer service department. Just hope i dont have to deal with them ever again. If only the Dodge wernt built like a toy car and looked a little nicer i would have bought one by now. I got a feeling ford have lost a lost of customers to the others brands because of there delays.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:20 PM
I know how painful the wait is. If you preordered it in June, a long wait was to be expected because the original launch date was October. But in June, Ford postponed the launch date to December in order to unload the 2008's from the lots. The launch has since been moved forward to November. Give them some time because in actuallity truck just launched THIS month.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:06 PM
My fx4 was built October 29th and was supposed to be delivered November 9th. Salesman just called and said I can pick my truck up tomorrow!!

Old 11-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by kodi
My fx4 was built October 29th and was supposed to be delivered November 9th. Salesman just called and said I can pick my truck up tomorrow!!
Please share some pics when you get it!

Old 11-12-2008, 05:21 PM
I ordered my XLT on June 3 when my dealership called and said that Ford was letting dealerships order 1 truck. Yes, I expected to wait, BUT I was thinking September at the latest. Mine is built with ETA of October 27, well that is passed and now I have been told that it is sitting on the ramp waiting to be loaded, I guess with several 1000 more. Was told yesterday that the Ford Rep told my salesman that as soon as they have enough trucks coming to Ky it will be on it's way.

I have also tried to talk to customer service several times, with the same old same old, that I should be able to get any information I need from my dealership, what is the point of customer service? If customer service does not know anything, how is my dealer suppose to know ?

Old 11-12-2008, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by gettingby
I ordered my XLT on June 3 when my dealership called and said that Ford was letting dealerships order 1 truck. Yes, I expected to wait, BUT I was thinking September at the latest. Mine is built with ETA of October 27, well that is passed and now I have been told that it is sitting on the ramp waiting to be loaded, I guess with several 1000 more. Was told yesterday that the Ford Rep told my salesman that as soon as they have enough trucks coming to Ky it will be on it's way.

I have also tried to talk to customer service several times, with the same old same old, that I should be able to get any information I need from my dealership, what is the point of customer service? If customer service does not know anything, how is my dealer suppose to know ?
Theres zero comunication between all the ford departments. They should have a online system where you can put your vin number in and it tells you what stage your truck is at and how its going. Just like when you order a laptop from alienware. Not at all hard to do and will inform people without having to call people. As i have said i have never been messed around like this on anything and shouldnt expect it at all when im spending $45k+ on a motor. I know for a fact i have spent a lot less and had a lot better service.
They can even call to say sorry for the delays and expalin the problem. Yeah just leave us hanging. really good idea Ford.

Old 11-13-2008, 07:11 AM
I have to agree with Barritia, I have been in contact with my dealer and different people at Ford and all have a different story. For the amount of money any of these vehicles cost they should have a straight story.

Old 11-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Cool Still Waiting... An update...

I just got this from my rep...

"We heard some more back from Ford and they said it was an allocation issue and not enough had been allocated so there was a constraint that held some F150 orders up. Ford is telling us ETA for your vehicle is 12/22. Should be sometime that week that we get the vehicle.

Hopefully it will be a Holiday Present!"

Hmmm... Straight from the horse's mouth...

Old 11-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Talked with my dealer this afternoon about my Platinum order. He attended a dealer meeting earlier this week and asked about the Platinum delay, and said the only reason they gave him was quality control.

Quick Reply: Still waiting