2009 - 2014 F-150

Non-Cali Trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Non-Cali Trucks?

Posed this question in the engine section but didn't get much feedback. Anyone every thought about this??

Has anyone actually done any real/dyno performance testing to see if there is any impact from the emisssions on a California truck vs the other 49 trucks? I'm curious if it's worth the hassle to get a 49 state truck over a CA truck. It's not that far, nor that much hassle for me to get a non-Cali truck so trying to find out if it is in fact worth it, or anything to gain by doing so?

Old 01-22-2009, 03:16 PM
Well, this subject may not matter after all. Just looked up some window stickers on line in the state of NV, and they all have Cali emissions listed on them!! Wonder what other states are doing this, or are they just building one truck now?

Old 01-22-2009, 03:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When i lived in vegas i was told that any state that touches cali must go by calis laws when it comes to emissions. Now i dont know if that was true or still true. Just telling you what i heard.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:38 AM
Typically dealers that are close (100 miles or so) to the border of states requiring more stringent emissions, order their inventory with the California or other states emissions. This way the can easily sell to Cali or other residents.

But, why worry about it. I think the days of lower performance to meet Cali or other states emissions are over.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:20 PM
OK, this is interesting. You guys may not but I find it rather curious. These are the facts...have not discovered a reason as to "why", but this is the case...

California, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington all have '09 F-150's (only vehicle I researched) with California Emissions. All have it right there on the window sticker. Arizona, which borders CA, does not have CA emissions. WA, which does not border CA, does have CA emissions. No other states have CA emissions. Wonder why?

I live in CA but can register a vehicle in NC, so I was considering if it's worth the effort/trouble to purchase a vehicle without CA emissions on it...as to any performance gain, etc. But having to go to AZ to get it...

Old 08-23-2009, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by Galaxy
Posed this question in the engine section but didn't get much feedback. Anyone every thought about this??

Has anyone actually done any real/dyno performance testing to see if there is any impact from the emisssions on a California truck vs the other 49 trucks? I'm curious if it's worth the hassle to get a 49 state truck over a CA truck. It's not that far, nor that much hassle for me to get a non-Cali truck so trying to find out if it is in fact worth it, or anything to gain by doing so?

Its an interesting topic that I would love to know the difference between the two. Is it just programming, or different exhaust restrictions? Both have just 2 converters comming down from manifold. Yet California trucks, underhood sticker adhere to T2B4, and 49 state adhere to T2B5.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:22 AM
No other states ?? NY and some other NE states require CA emissions standards and have for some years.My '03 and new '09 have it.

Quick Reply: Non-Cali Trucks?