2009 - 2014 F-150

Can you turn off Advance Trac RSC?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you turn off Advance Trac RSC?

Anyone try to disable the Advance Trac yet? We had a little snow so I thought I would play some. The system seems to limit wheel spin even when it is supposed to be turned off. Anyone else notice this?

Old 01-26-2009, 01:11 PM
If it's anything like the Expedition's RSC, you actually have to hold the "traction control" button in for several seconds to turn it off. You might want to take a look in your manual. Apparently, it's automatically on all the time and to turn it off completely, you have to hold the button in until the light flashes on the dash.....or something to that effect.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:56 AM
But it dosent completely turn it off, has anyone totally disabled it on the 09-10 f150 yet?

Old 06-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Old 06-02-2010, 02:54 PM
There are no answers to this yet. Some really don't understand the annoyance of the this whole system. I understand this is a "safety system" but at times it is more unsafe than safe. Pulling out into traffic on a sand/ gravel interesection (dont critisize my example here by telling me to not pull out if you have to accellerate hard or some crap, ***** happens) you loose traction and the trucks just rolls slowly out, then revs up and loose traction again. This goes 10 fold for winter climates.

I just read an interesting point on that RSC thread BLUEJAY just posted regarding snowplows. Something I never thought of before, but since the TC kicks on even in 4x4, this would be going off all the time. I am still shocked there is no "FIX" for this yet.

Let me say I am just happy I went with the FX4 and the E-Locker.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by F_ast
There are no answers to this yet. Some really don't understand the annoyance of the this whole system. I understand this is a "safety system" but at times it is more unsafe than safe. Pulling out into traffic on a sand/ gravel interesection (dont critisize my example here by telling me to not pull out if you have to accellerate hard or some crap, ***** happens) you loose traction and the trucks just rolls slowly out, then revs up and loose traction again. This goes 10 fold for winter climates.

I just read an interesting point on that RSC thread BLUEJAY just posted regarding snowplows. Something I never thought of before, but since the TC kicks on even in 4x4, this would be going off all the time. I am still shocked there is no "FIX" for this yet.

Let me say I am just happy I went with the FX4 and the E-Locker.
I am also happy with my FX4 and the locker, the trac controll can be ok sometimes but I would preffer not to have it at all. Last weekend I got into a situation where I had the truck in 4 hi with the locker on and pushed the trac button till icon flashed and then lit steady like it says in the manual. I was in some slick mud and wheels were spinning and it still comes on even though I wasnt spinning the tires faster that 35mph on the speedo. Its really frusterating!

Old 06-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by munro200
I am also happy with my FX4 and the locker, the trac controll can be ok sometimes but I would preffer not to have it at all. Last weekend I got into a situation where I had the truck in 4 hi with the locker on and pushed the trac button till icon flashed and then lit steady like it says in the manual. I was in some slick mud and wheels were spinning and it still comes on even though I wasnt spinning the tires faster that 35mph on the speedo. Its really frusterating!
I have been working with ford dealer techs that I know to figure out if a Raptor OFF-Road mode could be integrated into standard F150 programing. I have not yet got any answers for this, like Ford is trying to keep it a secret. I dont get how an off-road vehicle/ work truck can be so limited in its "ability". I understand that most now days drive trucks on the road 100% of the time, but when did a truck stop being a truck and start being a car? safety feature this, safety feature that... what a useless POS in some situations.

Not funny when you can't pull a a trailer, weighing 1000lbs, out of a slightly inclined driveway with 6" of snow on it because your truck wont allow even a little wheel slip. Ya, had to pulled the trailer out with an all wheel drive Toyota Rav4... BullSH..!!!! Rant done.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:11 AM

I agree we should be able to turn it off completly. But with that said I've been in deep snow, sand and mud in both 2wd and 4hi and while it's a pain with all the tc's on when I turn it off by holding in the button they stay off till over 35mph, and the tc stays off after that, even though the other two come back on. Ive never towed anything in it though like Fast, sounds like that would be a pain.

Quick Reply: Can you turn off Advance Trac RSC?