2009 - 2014 F-150

Bed step, post purchase

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER1017
I ordered, received, and installed the drivers side step. Easy to install and works great! I ordered the passenger side today.

$240 + $32.50 shipping from www.fordpartscentral.net - Great place to do business with.

Dan
I received my passenger side step today and installed it in a flash! These are great and very easy to install. I can't say enough good things about www.fordpartscentral.net. Outstanding to do business with!!!!

Old 02-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER1017
I received my passenger side step today and installed it in a flash! These are great and very easy to install. I can't say enough good things about www.fordpartscentral.net. Outstanding to do business with!!!!
I just tried fordpartscentral for the side step #9L3Z-1520040-D and it came up "no parts found" I did find the passanger side box step at tasca for $255.00 plus shipping
I went to my ford dealer here in Milwaukee and the parts guy told me that Ford will not sell the passenger side box side step because ford deemed them unsafe to sell separately. I asked him what would happen if i had the side steps on from the factory and i had an accident on the passenger side that destroyed the step, what would you do if i brought it here to repair the damage. how would you replace the step? he said the truck would be repaired but the step would be left off. ya got to love those dealers

Last edited by aliasmax; 02-25-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by aliasmax
I just tried fordpartscentral for the side step #9L3Z-1520040-D and it came up "no parts found" I did find the passanger side box step at tasca for $255.00 plus shipping
I went to my ford dealer here in Milwaukee and the parts guy told me that Ford will not sell the passenger side box side step because ford deemed them unsafe to sell separately. I asked him what would happen if i had the side steps on from the factory and i had an accident on the passenger side that destroyed the step, what would you do if i brought it here to repair the damage. how would you replace the step? he said the truck would be repaired but the step would be left off. ya got to love those dealers
I sent them an e-mail first and then called to place both of my orders. I had no problems what-so-ever. I did order them seperately because I wanted to see how difficult they were to install. I didn't want to buy close to $600 in parts and then find out that I couldn't install them.

I have their e-mail address and phone number if anyone wants them.

Quick Reply: Bed step, post purchase