2009 - 2014 F-150

2010 f-150

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 12:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 f-150

Does anybody know when the 2010's are coming out???

Old 02-07-2009, 02:45 AM
I would think not until the fall of 2009. Lots of sleeps yet!

Old 02-07-2009, 03:17 AM
2009 have been out for what, 2 months maybe... 2010 won't be out soon.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:36 AM
When I ordered my '09 yesterday, they told me that FMC will only be taking orders for 2009's until the end of March. Then they will be shutting down to re-tool for the 2010's; although my understanding is that they won't be out until August/Sept time frame.

Perhaps with the state of the auto industry they feel by the end of March they will have enough '09's built to sustain them until the start of the next model year? That way they can save more money by having their plants inactive for a few months. I don't know that's all just my assumption if what they told me was true. They could just have been saying that to get me to order soon; but like I kept telling them nothing short of a great price would get me to order soon (which they did). You have no idea how many Platinum's in new england they kept pulling up and coming to show me to get me to buy one of them today. I was like, "Nope. I only order mine exactly the way I want it. I will never buy a lot vehicle. And you better not put any dealer badges on it when it arrives or you'll be ordering me another one."

But anyways, they said March 31 for 2009 shutdown (according to my dealer yesterday).

Old 02-07-2009, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by CometFlash
When I ordered my '09 yesterday, they told me that FMC will only be taking orders for 2009's until the end of March. Then they will be shutting down to re-tool for the 2010's; although my understanding is that they won't be out until August/Sept time frame.

Perhaps with the state of the auto industry they feel by the end of March they will have enough '09's built to sustain them until the start of the next model year? That way they can save more money by having their plants inactive for a few months. I don't know that's all just my assumption if what they told me was true. They could just have been saying that to get me to order soon; but like I kept telling them nothing short of a great price would get me to order soon (which they did). You have no idea how many Platinum's in new england they kept pulling up and coming to show me to get me to buy one of them today. I was like, "Nope. I only order mine exactly the way I want it. I will never buy a lot vehicle. And you better not put any dealer badges on it when it arrives or you'll be ordering me another one."

But anyways, they said March 31 for 2009 shutdown (according to my dealer yesterday).

I hope that info is true!
There are still 08's on the lots, now Ford is about to gear up for 2010 production. IMO, we could see huge discounts on 09's this summer to make room for the new inventory

Old 02-07-2009, 09:57 AM
Perhaps DearbornDerek or ScrewBuilder could shed more light on this, if they are still working for Ford and on the message board?

The showrooms were dead, way more employee's than customers. And none of them had F-150's inside the showrooms either. Must really be pushing the smaller cars, even though the 150 is all refreshed. You'd think they'd have at least 1 inside to play around with, but nope. Edge's, Fusion's and Focus's mostly.Funny how those 3 cars and the 150 are so nice looking, and then they have the Flex and Escape which are brutally not-nice looking. The Fusion had two-tone seats inside, black leather with a blue inner material. Looked very nice. Just stuff I noticed while I was there. And yes, still lots of '08's left; it almost seems as if most of the dealers either don't order many '09's and/or are putting all the '08's near the entrances to hopefully sell some.because who would buy an '08 over the refresh? Would have to be a stellar deal, the '09's just have so many more cool gizmo's inside to play with.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:22 AM
I can handle flex if it DOESN'T have that white roof.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by Power Kid
I can handle flex if it DOESN'T have that white roof.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:11 PM
It's been longer than 2 months. The 2009 was shown to the media at the end of 2007. Then we first saw them on January 12, 2008. The 2009 was supposed to be launced in the summer. Then it was pushed back to November 2008 after the delay.

The articles are saying the 2010 Rapter will be out this summer. So I'm thinking the 2010 F-150 could be there right along with it. Who knows?

Old 02-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by CometFlash

Good. I hope they rework the taillights and come out with some other surprises.

Old 02-07-2009, 01:44 PM
this is an excellent source for that kind of info..me I just bought an 09 but sounds like I will get a 2011..I'm really likeing the ecoboost or 5.0 but we'll see things change faster then you can post on here.

http://www.donlen.com/buildstart_trucks_ford.html

Old 02-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by desratt
this is an excellent source for that kind of info..me I just bought an 09 but sounds like I will get a 2011..I'm really likeing the ecoboost or 5.0 but we'll see things change faster then you can post on here.

http://www.donlen.com/buildstart_trucks_ford.html
Very interesting.
According to the link you provided, Ford will start accepting orders for 2010's on 3/23/09 and stop taking orders for 09's on 5/8/09.
Production of the 2010's begins on 7/27/09

Old 02-07-2009, 03:24 PM
With production starting the end of July they will be on dealer lots probably early to mid September. It's amazing how this gets asked every year. New models are never released in the summer. We normally have 2 weeks shutdown at the beginning of July ( not this year, they are wanting to spread it out. 1 week at the end of June and 1 week in mid August) and then we normally don't start building new model year for a week or 2 after that. Then it usually takes 4-5 weeks to get an "OK to ship" from engineering.

As far as 09's sales I would say dealers are showcasing all the vehicles that get high gas mileage. That is what people are wanting these days or are being told that is what they want. You will see the focus, fusion, flex, edge, escape etc. in the showrooms more than the trucks.
Sales have been good lately. I heard this week that our downweeks in April and May have been cancelled because of an order for 15,000 trucks that came in this week.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:20 PM
i too am waiting for 2010 models atleast to purchase again because i still love my 07 but i want 4x4.

Dont know what u guys are talking about only hving "fuel efficient" cars on showroom floor, although i guess this is a texas thing, but my dealer has 6 "pads" all with new lifted f150s and f250s and king of the road mustangs inside not exactly fuel efficient to me

Old 02-08-2009, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by ChromeZ
Dont know what u guys are talking about only hving "fuel efficient" cars on showroom floor, although i guess this is a texas thing, but my dealer has 6 "pads" all with new lifted f150s and f250s and king of the road mustangs inside not exactly fuel efficient to me
Texas is F-150 home ground, that's why! FMC sells more F-150's in Texas than any other state. They seem to win Truck of Texas pretty consistently too.

Quick Reply: 2010 f-150